Big Problem with corrupt folder...please help

Summmer

OSNN Newbie
Straight to the pt. I have a :dead: corrupt folder:dead: ...It was my shared folder I used with limewire and I belive my hubby downloaded something bad that has corruted the entire folder...it's been corrput for mths now but it's really starting to bug me because I can't run defrag or some programs on my pc because of this folder....when it's clicked on or accessed in anyway it closes down the program being used...even explorer when I try to delete it, my questions is what can I do to fix and get rid of this folder? I don't know anything about dealing with this kind of situation...thanks for any help:nervous:

Summer

Summmer

OSNN Newbie
okay tried that and it closed the moveonboot program when I tried to select the file...I do have avast virus scanner, don't know what else to do, anymore advice?

Summer

Mastershakes

OSNN Veteran Addict
Run a search for process explorer in Google, it comes from SysInternals. There is likely something holding onto that folder at boot.

Might be wise to start us off with a hijackthis log as well in this thread.

Ben007

OSNN One Post Wonder
Has anyone come up with the solution to this problem?? I have exactly the same thing and need halp ASAP!!!!! any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swipk8