Big Problem - no image on monitor

T

Temp3st

Hello - I have a major problem which is worrying the pants off me as I can't see any way to fix it.

Yesterday I installed an official updated driver for my MSI GF4 440 MX card - when windows rebooted the monitor went black - its almost as if XP has switched it off.

It works fine up until the loading splash screen finishes.

Is there anyway of doing a clean install (and reformat if required) without first loading xp.

I tried to pressing F8 at bootup but can't seem to find any options - safe mose also reverts to the black screen.

please help - me is very stressed!

safe mose? i take it u mean safe mode. if u can get anouther moniter thaT works' then go and roll back the driver 2 the previous 1 that'll fix any problems after that u can worry over why it wen't wrong:D

heh - yeah I mean safe mode - told you I was stressed.

Well I tried with another monitor and even another vga card - same thing. I have worked out how to run setup at boot-up and I am not trying to reinstall XP

lets see if that works.

well not getting on very well.
Managed to repair windows no problem - all hardware installs except the vga card - windows doesn't seem able to recognise it.

Used the MSI live updat utility to get the correct drivers - it recognised the card but won't install the drivers - says the card is not correctly configured.

Originally posted by henyman
safe mose? i take it u mean safe mode. if u can get anouther moniter thaT works' then go and roll back the driver 2 the previous 1 that'll fix any problems after that u can worry over why it wen't wrong:D

haha, I just had to laugh :) correcting his spelling and then spelling like a rake (as we say in Sweden) hehe, master speller yourself are you ?

No offence man, just had to say it... I hav e a similar problem with my GF3 Ti 200 though, except it is on the SVHS output.... BUT, I have a tip for you though... It's a bit harsh but... You see, these problems can sometimes occur at any time, being caused by hardware problems on the AGP port... Not telling you it IS though, not even likely, just a possibilty... If you have acces to testing on another motherboard, do. (except if that other VGA card you tried was on a PCI port)

Thanks - you helped me solve it!!!!

Just got some updates for my AGP contoller and it installed sweet!!!

/me not stressed anymore :)

hey wot woz wrong wid my spellin? it's called short hand 4 all the lazy ppl out there:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back