• What is biased?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

jones

Thought I would start this poll to see how most people view our
media, since it plays a huge role in politics, and people watch it
like its fact or "fair and balanced".

[I can't edit the poll, I shoulda put "biased against left" and "biased against right" to eliminate confusion. If a mod could change the appropriate field that would be great]

I believe the media is very rightwing.
This is my opinion, several things have lead me to question the public's view that media is liberal or fair and balanced. I've thought that too, in my mind, for some reason, liberal and media seem side by side.
Recently Ive come to the conclusion that its not in the least liberal or fair and balanced, and more corrupt and biased than I could ever thought possible in America.

-Rush limbaugh and the like are always complaining about leftist media. And most anything that comes out of this pig vomit's mouth is a lie. That dirty drug using, get out-of-jail-free card carrying, hypocryte.

-The recent cancelation of the documdrama "Reagans" was cancelled on CBS by order of the Republican party, and CBS promptly did so...while i've heard of a JFK docudrama on tv that didn't get cancelled and it showed a darker kennedy than I remember.

-Rightwing commentators dominate network television and radio.

-70% of fox viewers have misconceptions about the war.

-corporations own the media http://www.thenation.com/special/bigten.html

-Bush Administration appeased the media gods by allowing them to control up to 70% of the market(in one city?)..not sure if this is law yet.

-Number of companys that own the media is declining drastically.. http://www.corporations.org/media/

-I found this! To me, this is nice proof. http://www.lisarein.com/michaelmoore/michaelmoorecompare.html Withdraw your troops from our media you pigs!

/me doesn't vote on poll

There are politics forums where people can flame each other's views all they want. These threads always get closed anyway. Forums are made up mostly of opinionated people, so nobody here will change their minds on politics, no matter how much preaching goes on.

Left, right, who cares? Let's talk computers! :D

I hereby hijack this thread in the interest of taking suggestions on what I should buy for my machine! I've got about $400 to spend.

[QUOTE Left, right, who cares? Let's talk computers! :D

I hereby hijack this thread in the interest of taking suggestions on what I should buy for my machine! I've got about $400 to spend. [/B][/QUOTE]

Depends on what u wanna use your machine for.Looks like a better vid card might work. ;)

Definitely...I'm thinking about $250 for a Radeon 9700 Pro. I used to have one before I killed it (modding lesson the hard way) and I miss 4xFSAA and 8xAF at 1280x1024. That leaves me $150...

the media is entirely right winged, and it yells at the top of it's lungs;

LOOK OUT FOR THE LIBERAL MEDIA

the same as the wolf dressed in sheeps clothing yells to look out for the wolf.

funny, how easy the masses fall for little media tricks like this.

I agree 1000% with jones

jones, your post is far from crapola, and kitc, I wish you wouldn't post if you want to insult another persons opinion.

he deserves an opology from you.

dissagree with facts if you can...not likely, but do not dissagree with insults

Definitely go for the Video upgrade that GE4-TI4200 must be really embarrased living in the same case as the rest of your top of line equipment.

Hmm, 150 left. That will buy a nice combo DVD / CD burner with some left over for media.

I did not see a burner of any kind in your system specs.

if there are those of you that want to take this thread off topic, I'll delete the posts.

respond on kind,or don't respond

now, in response to the valid response jan has towards jones post;

any poll weather right winged or left winged, on weather or not people know they're being duped by the media does not indicate weather or not the media is right or left winged.

all you need to do is look to how republicans are treated by the media at large as compared to democrats, and there is your answer

"Biased media"

Excellent example of a lack of understanding and an inherent ingrained bigotry independent of subject matter. The outcome of any poll can be predetermined by the way the question is worded.

There is no such thing as "MEDIA" capitals intentional.

Is AM radio biased to the right. Hell YES!

Do the new york times and washington post lean to the left. So far they are lying on their left sides.

Does the Fort Worth Star Telegram have a political bias? Absolutely, in whatever direction their editors think will sell more papers (i.e. startle more people) on a given day.

Don't perpetuate stereotypes. It's blatant bigotry in a polite form.
Evaluate each news article on it's own merits. Objectivity, factual details, fairness to all. If you see these characteristics missing from "Media" avoid that media company.

PS I did not vote. The poll was pre-biased.

I didn't vote for the same reason all LeeJend...every medium has bias, it just depends on who owns it.

By the way, "media" is the plural of "medium". Just thought I'd throw that out there. It's a common mistake that people make (e.g., "Media is biased" should be "Media are biased"). Kind of like when you say "Where's my keys" :p

Everyone knows or should know the main stream media is biased.And its only natural as long as it incorporates the human element.If you are human and think and have feelings you are going to have opinions.Only natural.

Most people who go to school to become jounalists do so to help "change the world".In other words they have an agenda.

It used to be that people went to school to become journalist to simply make a point "to be there" and report the facts.

I think the big "to do" is when ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,BBC etal; make a deal about how they are NOT biased and DONT have an agenda and ARE balanced when its plainly obvious to most of us that this is simply NOT the case.

I think things would go better for them if they would jus admit that they ARE biased and be done w/it.

But Peter Jennings and Tom Brockaw, and the rest of the gang (of millionaires)from Manhattan live in their own "little bubble" insulated from the common man or woman.

You dont fix a problem if you cant even admit that you have one. :p

agenda...good post, because that is indeed the ticket

so, as far as media is concerned, the vast majority is owned by the wealthy.....hmmm so I wonder what their agenda might be...hmmmm

agenda, that is in fact the ticket

good post

haha, you peeps. Crazy!

Kitct, get up off my post if you have nothing constructive to say. REALLY, you need to work on it.

Handybuddy, thx but this is "The Lounge"..so basically we talk about anything. And besides I like these forums..the thing is...its really hard to find a good political site w/ balanced amount of views(which I like)..If I goto a rightwing dominant forum I get blasted w/ rhetoric like you wouldnt believe(im not joking either its scary, thought i was talking to Rove a few times)...and Leftwinger forums are people who mostly agree w/ me, and I dont hear too much opposing views.

Thanks dealer. I really didn't expect these kinds of replys to my post..thought it would be mostly reasonable replys w/ valid arguments. since I thought I made a good poll . :confused:

Leejend, Whats pre-biased in my post? I Just dont see it.
What I do see, is the media not just a bit biased, but flat out liers!! How can this be justified under law? OH ya I figured a bit biased but when it gets printed..and they rearrange the whole article around so it flips the article totally around. changing the title, the pictures, leaving out facts and quotes that are important to the debate to change the thing around to make someone look bad, etc. Is unforgivable......I hate It, I friggin hate it...When media corporations try to skew MY and the american people's view to fit their narrow agenda I get PIST> Blatently viewable here.. http://www.lisarein.com/michaelmoore/michaelmoorecompare.html and that gallup poll says most people think the media is fair. :eek:

I thought america was great for its system of checks and balances, civil rights, freespeech, balanced/no goverment media, and fair elections...nothing seems to be true. I feel oppressed.

All your references are from hardcore left-wingers, hombre. You dismiss or diminish any opposing views without consideration, only responding with more left-wing references. You exhibit no desire to even examine other views whatsoever. What you do is not to debate, but to deliver a sermon.

I think you feel oppressed not becuase others' wishes are stifling yours, but because of your habit of bonking everyone on the head with your little plastic spade whenever someone tries to get in your sandbox. That's why nobody wants to play with you.

haha, you peeps. Crazy!

Kitct, get up off my post if you have nothing constructive to say. REALLY, you need to work on it.

What? :confused:

Good retort Handy Buddy. I think you pretty much nailed it. ;)

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
All your references are from hardcore left-wingers, hombre. You dismiss or diminish any opposing views without consideration, only responding with more left-wing references. You exhibit no desire to even examine other views whatsoever. What you do is not to debate, but to deliver a sermon.

I think you feel oppressed not becuase others' wishes are stifling yours, but because of your habit of bonking everyone on the head with your little plastic spade whenever someone tries to get in your sandbox. That's why nobody wants to play with you.

Hardcore left-wingers, who? what?
What does that matter?? I stated my argument in my own way and you can't handle it, so you dismiss everything I say, you bash my references, and motive? *caugh* troll

"every medium has bias, it just depends on who owns it."

Well, I agree..but its not really that valid of a point in MY argument. The poll, yes. Maybe I shoulda put, RIGHT & LEFT BIASED, just for you. but its too late for ME to change it. So,
Sorry, Im not leaving the thread. I would ask that you try to defend whatever your protecting or, try to enlighten me on your view. but Im not sure you can so .. Go talk computers like you enjoy, BYE!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back