BFG Geforce FX 5600 NON Ultra Problem

pcxgamer

OSNN Junior Addict
I seem to be having a problem that’s completely stomping me. I just got a BFG Geforce FX 5600 NON Ultra the problems is that ever now and then I’ll go to use the computer. When I move the mouse one of two things has happen. One the desktop has down bad down to 16 bit color and 640 x 480 and there a error message saying that windows recovered failed drivers or two it looks as if windows crashes when trying to enter into the screen saver.

My System

AMD XP 1700
Tyan Trinity KT400 (S2495)
512 MB DDR Ram
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamier

I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar problem.

What drivers u're usin' and have reinstalled OS before upgrade ?

I my using the lastest Nvidia Drivers Version: 44.03. I reinstalled the OS I few days ago.

that is really odd..

um... I am trying to think... haven;t heard of the dtop lowering bit rate and resolution like that... with those symptoms...

try cleaining out all the drivers and then reinstall the nvidia WHQL drivers CLEAN again... perhaps it is something buggered in the drivers install that is messing things up...

perhaps after I have had some sleep I will be able to ponder this better :D

am sure some of the other experts will be able to offer some better advice than mine :)

just give em time

Thank you for the help I uninstalled all of the display drive and then manual deleted anything left in the folder. I also used regedit and found all of the entries that had to do with the card and deleted them as well. I have reinstalled the latest drivers and I'm waiting to see if it happens again. You could be right I'll have to see but I would have to say that if it works it wouldn’t surprise me. I've seen some strange thing in my time working with computers.

Thanks I'll let you know if this works.

what type of screensaver do you have selected?

do 2d and 3d games run fine?

I have the XP Screensaver selected. I haven't had any problems with games. I have another question I have another motherboard here that I'm think if tring but the problem is it doesn't support 8X AGP only 4X do you guys think I will notice?

Originally posted by pcxgamer
I have the XP Screensaver selected. I haven't had any problems with games. I have another question I have another motherboard here that I'm think if tring but the problem is it doesn't support 8X AGP only 4X do you guys think I will notice?

4x==8x agp in terms of real world performance...

2 times theoretical bandwidth but no tests conducted so far show a performance delta between the two which would in anyway be considered noticeable...

Thanks I tried reinstalling the drive and it didn't seem to get me the problem anymore I think that was it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back