BFG 6800gt OC SLI problems

trainmaster77

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
hello all,
I have a problem with my system. I have AMD FX55 processor, asus a8n-sli mobo 1 gig dual channel mushkin level 2 black ram (400mhz pc3200) and 2 BFG 6800gt overclocked running SLI. when i try to play games i get this squiggly green line in the middle of the screen and 2 lines on the left of the screen going up and down that do not move. any indication on what this is and why it does this? please help.

Like this?
sli-hud.jpg

That may be because you have the "Show GPU load balancing" option selected in the SLI

e.g the bottom option here...

driver1.gif

oh hey i didnt think of that. ill check it out. thank you for the suggestion :)

Moonwraith said:
Like this?
sli-hud.jpg

That may be because you have the "Show GPU load balancing" option selected in the SLI

e.g the bottom option here...

driver1.gif

hey bro ..thanks that did the trick. and man this fx55 RAWKS.

Train, can you do me a favor and tell me which version of graphic drivers and forceware drivers you are using? Also what motherboard bios version? Thanks

Hi,

Having a few probs with my new set up.

Dual XFX 6800GTs on an Asus A8N-SLi mobo.

I have installed all drivers as required... but I don't get this screen.... only the screen as if it there was only 1 card installed:

sli_cp_enable.jpg

I have the selector card enabled for dual cards.... but still no joy.

Please help.. thanks in advance.

Jock said:
Hi,

Having a few probs with my new set up.

Dual XFX 6800GTs on an Asus A8N-SLi mobo.

I have installed all drivers as required... but I don't get this screen.... only the screen as if it there was only 1 card installed:

sli_cp_enable.jpg

I have the selector card enabled for dual cards.... but still no joy.

Please help.. thanks in advance.

well... ive had to search around and basically i right click on the desktop to bring up properties...then i go to settings ..and advanced... click on the nvidia tap up on the top right and look on the sli multiGPU that will pop up on the left and select it. it will then say a restart is needed. before i restart i go to performance and quality settings and find the game i want to play and it up saving my selections..applying then it will automatically restart my computer.

If that doesnt work... did you plug the top video card (the one on the blue pci express bracket ... did you plug one of the molex power adapters to the board?

Initially, when you start the computer ..a box will popup over the time saying you have configured this computer properly for SLI operations and you can either enable it there or you can go through what i just explained enabling it... (go through all the menu for the nvidia tab and familiarize yourself with it). if your stuff still doesnt work ... make sure your powersupply can handle the load. should be around 25amp continual draw powersupply coming officially from asus tech.

if that doesnt help you are more than welcome to message me on yahoo ... trainmaster77@yahoo.com

Treewolf said:
Train, can you do me a favor and tell me which version of graphic drivers and forceware drivers you are using? Also what motherboard bios version? Thanks

well im using forceware version 71.81 and bios version 5.40.02.36.10 /// hope that helps :)

btw ...how do you get screenies? i know much about hardware but nothing about the logical side of windows.

trainmaster77 said:
well... ive had to search around and basically i right click on the desktop to bring up properties...then i go to settings ..and advanced... click on the nvidia tap up on the top right and look on the sli multiGPU that will pop up on the left and select it. it will then say a restart is needed. before i restart i go to performance and quality settings and find the game i want to play and it up saving my selections..applying then it will automatically restart my computer.

If that doesnt work... did you plug the top video card (the one on the blue pci express bracket ... did you plug one of the molex power adapters to the board?

Initially, when you start the computer ..a box will popup over the time saying you have configured this computer properly for SLI operations and you can either enable it there or you can go through what i just explained enabling it... (go through all the menu for the nvidia tab and familiarize yourself with it). if your stuff still doesnt work ... make sure your powersupply can handle the load. should be around 25amp continual draw powersupply coming officially from asus tech.

if that doesnt help you are more than welcome to message me on yahoo ... trainmaster77@yahoo.com

Yes.... done all that. I'm also using a 600w Enermax PSU... so there is plenty juice.

I know how to get to that screenie... It just doesn't give me the option to enable SLi.

Image of how I've set my system up:

You can see from the pic... that the selector card is correct and also that the molex connector is plugged in to the board..... So I have no idea how windows doesn't find the SLi on start up.

This is a screenie of my desktop....

As you can see.... no SLi :speechless:

Problem solved.... replaced both cards with 2 other XFX 6800GTs.

1 of the original GTs was faulty, and the system wouldn't run in SLi just with one replaced, so I replaced both.

Running like a dream now
smile.gif

Thanks for all your help anyway guys.

Cheers

isnt that bull**** that you spend that much money on a video card and one is faulty? i would recommend next time you purchase them get BFG. they offer 24/7 tollfree support and lifetime warranty.

The first BIOS's of some early PCIe cards had SLI disabled in the BIOS... So if you want to see if you BIOS is okay I can take a look, if else you can check on our site for newer BIOS's...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back