BF2 Multi player demo

Downloading right now, had to use BitTorrent to get it. After It finishes and I play a bit (or a long time :p) I will let ya guys know how it is.

Yeesh, 7.5 hours on the torrent, 22 hours off the server?

zzzzzzzzzzz

Do you have a better torrent?

I have it :). This game ROCKS!!!!!!

Here is the torrent I used, good luck :)

Attachments

• battlefield2demo.exe.rar
    43.1 KB · Views: 73
Ok, I just got done playing for a bit.... only word I can think of "WOW". Its so fun, runs great and its just awesome! I am so glad I pre-ordered it.

Been playing for the last several hours.....love it. Tons of fun and the graphics are quite nice as far as I'm concerned. Very smooth with all settings on high and AA on 4x. I had the blocky shadow bug on my system too but installing the bundled 77.30 drivers seemed to fix it. Every once in a while I get jagged shadows, but no big deal really. Sure they will fix it at some point.

Anyone figure out how to put it in 1280x1024 though?

ShepsCrook said:
I like it but there's a lot of things that need changing.

Such as? A retail box maybe :laugh:

I just cant stop playing, its so fun. I just wish this map had more vehicles.

762x51 said:
Anyone figure out how to put it in 1280x1024 though?

I havent tried this yet but it might work. Open the folder that you installed it into. Then go into "Profiles\Local\Default" and open video.con in notepad or some other program and change game.setGameDisplayMode to what ever rez you want. Ill give this a try and see if it works. They dont have widescreen listed and that angers lappy....

I can't get it to run :(

I'm still running a ti4600 videocard, and it won't start up. I was trying to wait for the G70s to come out before I bought a new card. I wasn't ready to upgrade yet, but I really want to play this game.

zeke_mo said:
I havent tried this yet but it might work. Open the folder that you installed it into. Then go into "Profiles\Local\Default" and open video.con in notepad or some other program and change game.setGameDisplayMode to what ever rez you want. Ill give this a try and see if it works. They dont have widescreen listed and that angers lappy....

Heard reports that this will cause it to not run at all. :(

downloaded and working fine for me. didn't have to do anything special to get it working.

love the game and the entire BF series, however i'm starting to feel like i'm just gettting the same game with new graphics engine.

If you fancy having unlimited time limit on the battlefield 2 demo on a server go to \EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\python\game\gamemodes

Then open up gpm_cq.py in notepad and change this line:

host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)

to this line:

#host.registerHandler('TimeLimitReached', onTimeLimitReached, 1)

i.e your commenting it out. I found this tip on the B2 forums but seems the thread has been taken down

any thoughts on the gameplay? sure as hell is good fun, but its really too similar to 1942, some nice ideas like the radio command message menu...

I think its good that its similar to BF1942, 42 was very fun... and this is too. With improved graphics and physics. Atleast its not like BF:V, which just wasnt fun.

Scott Young said:
any thoughts on the gameplay? sure as hell is good fun, but its really too similar to 1942, some nice ideas like the radio command message menu...

I think the new radio menu is so-so I'm sure after I get used to it Ill like it but I miss all the F key radio commands.

"Enemy Sub Detected!".... yeah I will miss that :)

I pilfered a 5700 videocard and I got it running. Unfortunatly, it only really is playable on medium settings with this card. I was very dissapointed with the graphics, it kind of still looks and feels like bf42 IMHO. The models are definatly better, but the over all textures look blah. It really feels like a ripoff of the Desert Combat mod. I hope you guys with better cards are seeing a difference.

I'm hoping it all just because it my cheap low end videocard. I was really excited when it wouldn't run on my ti4600, because it kind of signaled that games were finally progressing further into the technology range. Its about time they started requiring more memory and resources, but for all its damands it dissapointing.

Hopefully when the full version comes out it will look better. I'm still going to pick up the retail version, I need a new team shooter. HL2 failed miserably on producing quality MP mods, by time the better mods come out the game will be severely aged. So I guess BF2 it is for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back