BF 1942 mouse lags

Petros

Thief IV
When playing online games of BF1942, my mouse seems to follow all the movements I make, but slightly slower than when I actually move it. This has been a long-standing problem for me in the game that really has robbed me of enjoying plane battles and sniping, not to mention making close-quarters melees almost impossible to win.

Is there a setting to fix this, or am I screwed? I'm on a cable connection, and none of my other online FPS games have this problem.

what kinda a mouse are you using? ball type , optical sensor, or cordless?;)

Yes, if it's the mouse response speed. You can adjust the mouse speed for each type of game function in BF1942 (ground, air, sea, etc each has its own mouse gain).

Its under the Options Controls in the menu system. Mouse gain will be off to the right.

If its mouse lag, like delay through a USB mouse port then there was another thread in the last couple of months that said how to improve USB mouse responsiveness. Can't remember the details.

My system specs are in my profile, but it's a Logitech MX 500 (an optical mouse). It works fine on other games, just not BF1942 for some reason. It's not slow (it moves as fast as I move my mouse), it's just that every movement is delayed.

I'm using a logitech optical mouse also and see no mouse related delays in BF1942. Mine is plugged into the PS2 port.

Have you gotten the most recent logitech driver package?
MW978enu.exe

There is a mouse "report rate setting under the logitech utility software. (control panel-mouse-motion tab at bottom) Make sure thats at a high enough speed mines at 100 and I've seen 125 recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back