Beware How You Google

L

Lee

Beware How You Google

Sure you may already know, I was going to submit this, early this morning, however I thought this would get around the net like a bad dose of diarrhoea, seems like it hasn't, seems like some people think it's April 1st still, so:

A simple misspelling of Google's domain name could lead to a Web surfer's worst nightmare.

In a new twist to the old practice of "typosquatting," virus writers have registered a slight variation of Google Inc.'s popular search-engine site to take advantage of any users who botch the spelling of the google.com URL.

The malicious site, googkle.com, is infested with Trojan droppers, downloaders, backdoors and spyware, and an unsuspecting user only has to visit the page to be at risk of computer hijack attacks, according to a warning from Finnish anti-virus vendor F-Secure Corp.

Read More and Source

Yeah, I read the news on this earlier this morning.

ming said:
Yeah, I read the news on this earlier this morning.

Have you been tempted?

I tried adding it to restricted zones in I.E. will it add no, for some reason it keeps popping up in trusted zone, will sort it soon, incase my fiance makes this error.

Can't you just block it in the HOSTS file?

My ISP has already blocked the site (I hope) BT as got "this pagae cannot be displayed.

Finally blocked it, you know Women and their long nails :no:

muzikool said:
Can't you just block it in the HOSTS file?
Yeah thats what I would suggest if your afraid of making the typo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back