Better Video Card?

That is the price you pay downloading files. No standardization. Every file can be done with a different codec pack and different settings at the whim of the poster. It used to drive me crazy before I gave up on downloads. Your setup needs to match the encoding setup and codecs for each file. You may find groups of files from one poster that all play well together until he finds a new codec he likes better...

Trust me, I have stopped most of my downloading.

All my games are legal now, all my software is legal now, most of my music is legal now.

TV shows I still download because I can download in HD where I can't get them in HD here in Canada, most aren't available here. And movies I have been trying to buy, but blu-ray is just still too expensive.

And yea, no standardization, that is always the problem. If they picked one codec, one format, one file type from the beginning with dvd rips or whatever, it would be amazing. It's like am I really getting 1080p or 720p by the time I get it, so stupid.

Anyways.

So I tracked down the issue.

In the Settings to CCCP, the setting to turn on AC3 S/PDIF screws up certain files that I was talking about, just crashing MPC. If that is turned off, they work but my newer files I just fixed needs that enabled. So stupid.

Also, what is the best way to convert blu-ray to MKV, or what format or solution will lose the least quality?

you don't convert blu-ray - you play the disc. otherwise you may as well buy DVD's.

Oh btw the movies I get off demonoid work fine with CCCP as does all of my anime :)

1. I think it's time for a reinstall, many weird issues.

2. I don't see how your video files are related to mine, each file is technically different. Sure yours works, but my point is mine should work too, thats why I am asking questions and trying to fix it.

3. That is my dilemma, I want a Media Center eventually, but what format do I choose, and if I buy all the blu-ray discs, is there really a point to have them on the computer, takes 2 seconds to play a file, but takes not much longer to play the disc. It's hard to choose.

4. Still having issues with Thumbnails, tried everything to get all 100% to show, if I get one type working another fails. Stupid windows.

5. And perfect playback is still an issue with my files, one issue or another. Why can't things just be perfect. Yes, that could be a big topic...so ignore this one lol

6. Final issue is a naming system. I never know the best way to name things. I always wanted things short, but some titles are long. I usually go for something like Title S1E1 HD, or for movies the same way. Sometimes switching around where I put HD or maybe even change that for 720p or 1080p or whatever it is. Naming sucks.

7. I am just too picky of a person to have technology lol

1. Always a good idea occasionally.

2. I play h264/avc1 encoded videos most of the time.

3. Blu-ray disc if you want HD films. It's a no brainer. You loose quality recompressing them for storage on hard disk.

4. Don't bother with thumbnails of films the plugin that comes with CCCP has issues on vista and works intermitantly

6. Whatever you want works for you.

7. Maybe :D

2. Maybe it's time to get rid of most of my files, get the true discs, and maybe forget about having a Media Center. Oh boy.

3. What if you don't compress them, can you not convert them to a container without compressing?

4. They are stupid anyways, some thumbnails are larger then others, nothing is ever equal.

5. I guess, I always thought there was a better system out there :)

2. No you can have a media PC and use it to play discs :) I just have my main pc sat 2 metres from the TV input and 1 metre from the home theatre amplifier so I hooked it all up and popped a blu-ray/hd-dvd reader in to it. Its now my media/gaming pc :)

3. They are in a container already.

So what do you use as a Media Center Lord?

Do you use windows or linux as is, or WMP or what?

*PS, might as well rename this thread to relate to Video Media or something.

I use media player classic on windows. My main PC is plugged in to my 1080i TV and hi-fi amp for movie, music and gaming goodness (though gaming happens on the monitor) :) Can't beat a decent hi-fi setup for gaming sound :)

I have a similar setup, not much of a PC gamer though so I dont need the extra monitor. Get yourself a wireless keyboard and mouse and your good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back