• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Better Configuration

Daeron Tinúviel

OSNN Senior Addict
ok, and how about brands?? i have in mind one of this 2:

Plextor 8X DVD-RW/+RW Drive, Model PX-708A/SW

Write Speed: 40X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R, 4X DVD+RW, 2X DVD-RW
Read Speed: 40X CD-ROM/CD-R, 12X DVD-ROM

OR

Lite-On White DVD+/-RW Drive, Model SOHW-812S

Write Speed: 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD+RW, 8X DVD-R, 4X DVD-RW, 40X CD-R, 24X CD-RW
Read Speed: 40X CD-ROM, 12X DVD-ROM

ming

OSNN Advanced
Both are very respectable brands. I would have suggested those two brands that you have mentioned. However, my personal preference would be Lite-On as I've never had any problems with their CDRW or DVD drives. Bought 4 of Lite-On products in total so far and will be more than likely to stick to this brand in the future (unless something bad happens). :p

Haven't tried Plextor, but seen one in action though. I think it'll be a little difficult to judge which is better out of the two.

If the Plextor is better, I don't think it would be enough to justify the price difference between the two... I can't say I've ever heard any major complaints about either of the two brands, so you should be ok either way.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Plextors are the Rolls Royces of drives (and you pay for that).

I'd recommend Lite-On for the CDRW, it's cheaper and runs neck and neck with the Plex's.

For the DVDRW, If you're gonna go with liteon, get the 4x, it is upgradeable to 8x with firmware. I'd recommend an HP if you can deal with a single format (+) drive or a NEC for dual format.

BenQ's are also supposedly awesome drives. I know you get the 4x - drive and then for $10 you can buy firmware that adds + and 8x.

Daeron Tinúviel

OSNN Senior Addict
mmmmmm though decision........how about the pioneers??? i know about the firmware of the liteons but the 8x8x its only $115 which i think is reasonable price......

I know of 2, 411S liteon's, both bought at christmas. Me and a buddy. He has burned hundreds of dvds with no problems. I returned mine after 3 weeks of hassles because it wouldn't burn RW media. I sent him my left over media and it worked fine on his. I now figure mine was just a random dud.

Bottom line is I'm thinking of trying Lite on again next good sale I see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix