Beta Detonators Again?!?

R

Rebs

I'm wondering why Nvidia is always releasing beta drivers. It seems like it's always beta. Why can't they just do something right for once so that we don't need to change drivers all the time?!?:mad:

hah, if you want it to be "right" dont use beta's
Simply download official drivers off the nVidia site. and voilla all is well!

I'm just using the ones xp loaded.
small-roll.gif

I use the official ones from the nVidia site ... those aren't released all that often.

tbh, as long as i can see the screen, im happy, so i just use either the latest det's ive downloaded previous to an install, or whatever's on the site after a fresh install. Once thats installed theres no need to bother updating, no matter how many Beta Drivers nVidia decide to pelt at the net. :)

Yeah, you're all right guys. But come to think of it, Beta Det this Beta Det that and every time it adds 2 more points to your 3D Mark scores. But WTF it still is pathetic.:mad:

As far as i know nVidia dont actually release the beta's officially, its probably some techy coder who's proud of his 2 points who leaks them to the net :D

i dont use any drivers that are not on the nvidia website, also the constant updtaing to the current nvidia drivers does improve performance, so dont use the drivers that come with windows xp, they suck

If you're not heavily into gaming, any driver that gives a display is fine, no driver sucks

I installed v29.42 yesterday. I missed the spinning logo
hah, that has to be the only improvement i've EVER noticed over previous versions i've had installed :D

I never notice any difference in performance either. If the game works that's good enough for me. :D

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
If you're not heavily into gaming, any driver that gives a display is fine, no driver sucks

I really dont think you believe that.

if you care to elaborate why exactly you've said that ...

If you dont play games at all (like myself) then the default XP driver is fine, some old det i have on a cd-r from moanths ago is fine. As long as i can see my desktop im happy.

Anyone still have that Run DLL error with this version?

Anyone know how to get around it?

I might aswell reinstall the older ones. I can't tell a difference anyway, I hardly play games.

Just ZSNES now and then! ;)

Anyone still have that Run DLL error with this version?

It happens when you open the Settings>Advanced>(GFXCardName) tab on display properties... (The one that has the spinning logo and the file versions)

Anyone know how to get around it?

I might aswell reinstall the older ones. I can't tell a difference anyway, I hardly play games.

Just ZSNES now and then! ;)

40.71s

I'll just say I download every driver EVERY time... I dunno... I just like updating my system I guess...

Yey, I got the newer ones, the 40.71's and I don't get the error anymore, but the logo seems a bit off-centre...

Ah well, I'd rather have an off-centre logo thatn an error! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back