• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Beta Detonators Again?!?

R

Rebs

I'm wondering why Nvidia is always releasing beta drivers. It seems like it's always beta. Why can't they just do something right for once so that we don't need to change drivers all the time?!?:mad:

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
hah, if you want it to be "right" dont use beta's
Simply download official drivers off the nVidia site. and voilla all is well!

SPeedY_B

tbh, as long as i can see the screen, im happy, so i just use either the latest det's ive downloaded previous to an install, or whatever's on the site after a fresh install. Once thats installed theres no need to bother updating, no matter how many Beta Drivers nVidia decide to pelt at the net. :)

R

Rebs

Yeah, you're all right guys. But come to think of it, Beta Det this Beta Det that and every time it adds 2 more points to your 3D Mark scores. But WTF it still is pathetic.:mad:

SPeedY_B

As far as i know nVidia dont actually release the beta's officially, its probably some techy coder who's proud of his 2 points who leaks them to the net :D

A

AyA

i dont use any drivers that are not on the nvidia website, also the constant updtaing to the current nvidia drivers does improve performance, so dont use the drivers that come with windows xp, they suck

SPeedY_B

if you care to elaborate why exactly you've said that ...

If you dont play games at all (like myself) then the default XP driver is fine, some old det i have on a cd-r from moanths ago is fine. As long as i can see my desktop im happy.

M

maz4ruth

Anyone still have that Run DLL error with this version?

Anyone know how to get around it?

I might aswell reinstall the older ones. I can't tell a difference anyway, I hardly play games.

Just ZSNES now and then! ;)

M

maz4ruth

Anyone still have that Run DLL error with this version?

It happens when you open the Settings>Advanced>(GFXCardName) tab on display properties... (The one that has the spinning logo and the file versions)

Anyone know how to get around it?

I might aswell reinstall the older ones. I can't tell a difference anyway, I hardly play games.

Just ZSNES now and then! ;)

M

m3th0dm4n

40.71s

I'll just say I download every driver EVERY time... I dunno... I just like updating my system I guess...

M

maz4ruth

Yey, I got the newer ones, the 40.71's and I don't get the error anymore, but the logo seems a bit off-centre...

Ah well, I'd rather have an off-centre logo thatn an error! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies