bestest strongest Mortal Kombat guy?

what does double flawless mean?

also I know some machines had a higher skill level then others...how was your pc game compared to the arcade?

Arcade was probably a little easier because of the joystick and the button spacing. The keyboard was definitely a lot more cramped, ESPECIALLY when 2 people were playing on the same keyobard :)

Omar, we thought about it, but we were kids back then :)

And professional gaming was nowhere near what it has become :D

However, I would LOVE to see us all playing some Counter-strike or perhaps even Enemy Territory/Quake Wars when it comes out.

Or heck, maybe the old Enemy Territory (which was COMPLETELY free ;) )

We learnt all the moves ourselves, no books or anything.

now you don't expect us to believe that, do you? ;)

that is, if by "moves" you also mean fatalities

Including fatalities :)

Most of the fatalaties were extensions of the basic "power" moves but added a punch, a kick or a block or some combination.

And many of the moves were not that hard to learn. Many came about as an accidental key combination.

This is why it took forever to figure out how to do the fatality using Kano.

Only by the time MK3 rolled around did we move to the realm of HUNDREDS of combinations to learn in the game.

It became a little ludicrous :)

Including fatalities :)

zomg, but you only had like a two-second window to attempt the combination, not to mention you had to be a certain distance away from the fatality-ee (which varies from character to character) for it to work.

the only one i remember is scorpion's: block+up-up

Yes, and we were only playing every once in a while during lunch break at school, which was 45 mins :D

Fortunately, me and my buddy were good enough that we would just destroy the field and have a chance to keep try over and over and over :)

And then, I got a copy on my computer at home :D And, the rest was history. I "discovered" the Kane finishing move as well as how to get to Reptile (bloody shocker that one) after letting my single player mode run over through the credits while I went and got a snack :smoker:

Came back and it was ready to play so... I played ;)

Blocking was a waste of time because you could counter much MUCH faster w/o using a block and the double flawless was pretty easy with raiden (if you get the enemy in the corner in the original MK and jump/punch repeatedly, you block the enemy in the corner and they can't defend themselves).

That tactic allowed us to finish off games in under a minute with the more crap players :D

Raiden and Johny Cage were the best for this tactic. I think Kano was the only other one that came close to the jump speed.

None of the others could jump/punch fast enough.

Additionally, Cage and Raiden had a longer attack so if I started and did the flying attack and moved you back, you were already at one edge or the other and it made it VERY easy to finish ;)

This, plus the teleport and lightning, made Raiden the best character. My friend and I never used Raiden when fighting each other. It was any of the other characters but him because it was too easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back