bestest strongest Mortal Kombat guy?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
that was the second game I ever got addicted too...first was asteroids

anyway, was there a guy that was clearly the best guy? (or girl?)

what was everyone's name?

I'm gonna post a poll when someone tells me what everyone's name was

Re: bestest srtongest mortal combat guy?

My favorite was Sub Zero. Freezing people was hella fun :D

Re: bestest strongest mortal combat guy?

I alwats thought Scorpion was pretty handy, from the first game anyway.

"Get the frig over here!!!" :)

If you are talking about the original, no one was better than Raiden.

I have finished the game (on the PC version) unbeaten and defeating the hidden character (reptile) flawless plus fatality :)

I was really good back in the day :D

-edit-

updated to say Kombat.

Who the heck says Combat anyways?

:cool:

Ditto. MK and MK II.
I loved the laser beam that comes from the asian guy and the moe larry curly sound he made when he flew through the air kcking you in the face

what was his name?

I also loved the blond in the thong

ah...thongs...I remember when every girl in shape in the gym wore an thong...what has happened to change all that?

Liu Kang.

He was decent, used him to defeat MK3 with a double-flawless + fatality at the end.

Never was a big fan of him.

Raiden was unbeatable in the first game but not so much in the 2nd and 3rd. There were some combinations and quirks in the original that, if you knew what you were doing, you were unbeatable. Me and my friend were unbeaten, except by each other, in over a year of school :D

We were MK gods :D

Btw, how many people here who played the original were able to meet and beat Reptile?

goro ftw!

here are the names for the poll (mk1 only): johnny cage, kano, scorpion, sub zero, reptile, liu kang, raiden, sonya, goro and shang tsung

You had to finish the game, it would automatically start again from the first level. You had to get to the pit level and defeat your adversary double-flawless PLUS fatality and WITHOUT using block :cool:

And then, you'd meet Reptile, who in the first game was basically Scorpion plus Sub-Zero at hyperspeed. Goro had nothing on Reptile in the difficulty category just because of the speed of the bugger and his powers (borrowed from both scoprion and sub-zero).

The coolest/most original level change effect till perhaps MK III came along :D

You would drop into the pit, but not fall to your death. :D

You had to finish the game, it would automatically start again from the first level. You had to get to the pit level and defeat your adversary double-flawless PLUS fatality and WITHOUT using block :cool:

And then, you'd meet Reptile, who in the first game was basically Scorpion plus Sub-Zero at hyperspeed. Goro had nothing on Reptile in the difficulty category just because of the speed of the bugger and his powers (borrowed from both scoprion and sub-zero).

The coolest/most original level change effect till perhaps MK III came along :D

You would drop into the pit, but not fall to your death. :D

I was never that good...that's nuts.

I used to play a lot of street fighter too.

All though my favorite fighting game of all time has to be Tekken 3. I spent hours and hours on that game :D

Bleh, street-fighter was all about button mashing :) Or so it seemed compared to MK :D

Plus you couldn't do fatalities in MK :D

We learnt all the moves ourselves, no books or anything.

Last one was Kano's fatality. The most brutal of the bunch IMO :D

Liu Kang.

Never was a big fan of him.

Raiden was unbeatable in the first game ..... Me and my friend were unbeaten, except by each other, in over a year of school :D

We were MK gods :D

wouldn't the two of you draw if he's unbeatable when you know what yo do?

wouldn't the two of you draw if he's unbeatable when you know what yo do?

Smart alec :cool:

Unbeatable to everyone else and the only way to draw is if the time limit ran out and you both had EXACTLY the same health.

We had many fights where neither of us was dead at the end of the round but I only drew with him 1 or 2 times total, which was absolutely by chance lol.

Honestly though, once we got to a certain level, there's just no getting any better than that because of the games limitations. There is no way anyone could possibly get better because... there really isn't any level above where we were. We both finished off the game, in multiple loops, w/o losing a round.

We both completed the whole game AND beat Reptile with a double-flawless/fatality in every single round (and then on the repeat). :)

Goro was sooo easy to beat up :D

The morphing I think was in MK3, I didn't play 2 that much coz it sucked compared to 1 (imo) and I just went back to playing 1.

It became much too arcadey as well, in 3 you had all the "multi-hit" crap come out. 1 was just pure carnage and skill and reflexes :D

Kano's fatality was, either a full circle forward, or backwards and one of the punch buttons.

He would reach forward, punch you in the chest, pull out your beating heart and it would beat in his hand till it stopped (I think it stopped, not sure).

It was such a thrill getting to actually accomplish the fatality the first time round :D But it was gruesome too :smoker:

what does double flawless mean?

also I know some machines had a higher skill level then others...how was your pc game compared to the arcade?

You should have gone to some tourneys dude.

perris: it means he finished both rounds per fight without being hit once by the opponent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back