Best way to run ethernet cabling along the ceiling/wall?

Glass

sgàthan ìnnleachd
I've got 125 feet of ethernet cable I'd like to run into the next room on the edge of the ceiling. Are there any special kind of staples I should use or is there a certain way to do it to make sure the cable stays secure and also does not get damaged..?

I hang mine off of coat hooks, screws in the door post and nail it with cable clips under my bedroom door so it can close without crushing it :)

But really anywhere it can be kept out of harms reach.

I drilled a hole in my ceiling in both rooms, ran the cable through the loft.

...then got Wifi, and now have two random holes in the ceiling(s) :p :D

LordOfLA said:
I hang mine off of coat hooks, screws in the door post and nail it with cable clips under my bedroom door so it can close without crushing it :)

But really anywhere it can be kept out of harms reach.

actually Lord just followed my lead in this extremely TEMPORARY solution - I could attach a pic of the resultant "look" but it would be embarassing. I think the best way would be to route them in the corners and then place moulding over to conceal, but given we have a rental property and may also want to take our CAT cable with us I shall probably compromise with some neater routing and standard cable clips that you nail in of the right size and colour to make it as aesthetically pleasing as I can. I get the feeling Lord is happy enopugh with the bodge it and scarper look presently in place though :p What you do want to avoid is putting a sharp kink in your cable, if possible, esp. if you then pull and stress that kink or add twisting to the mix....

ya then u pull off the paint or wallpaper when you try to remove the tape. :s LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back