Best way to make puter shutdown at predetermined time???

LPDad

OSNN Addict
I need to be able to specify the computer to automatically shutdown at a pre-determined time.

This is what I have tried already, but it did not work (or I did something wrong--do not know which.
Created a shortcut points to shutdown.exe
added to my scheduled tasks folder and told it to execute the above shortcut at a specific time/date.
nothing happens at the appointed time.

(also if I just type in run shutdown.exe I get a flicker of the black command box (the command starts) but then the box blinks off and the puter does nothing further.

Any suggestions?? (Is there a better way to specify a shutdown time and have the computer close and shutoff???

Thanks for any help.

After Service Pack 1 the computer does turn off with this command.

Or you could set the power options, to hibernate or standby after a set time.

I did that the other day actually, I wanted to record a radio broadcast, so i hooked my hifi into my PC.

I setup Cyberecorder2000, which you can timeer set to record ANY source, set it to line in and a time.

Timer set my hifi to come on, and then set my PC to shutdown afew mins after the end of the broadcast.

It worked perfectly, shutting itself down afterwards. The only thing I had to leave PC on in 1st place. My M/b bios has options for timer stuff, but I cant suss that out for switching the PC on.

Ive tries a few shortcuts for system shutdown, strange thing is they used to work but after a format and re-install the computer just hung at the "now safe to turn off computer" screen. Found this shortcut that does the job, dont know if installing sp1 had anything to do with it but here you go -

C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back