best way to install detanators?

N

npfanz

I read a tutorial on this page that included using device manager to manually uninstall the video card for which you want to upgrade drivers. In a recently downloaded set of detanators, though, I read that the old drivers can be removed through control panel -> add remove programs. Any ideas on which method provides a better base for updating?

Thanks

I would just like to say that I always simply do an upgrade without uninstalling the old drivers and I have yet to have a problem.

YMMV.

Dan

best bet is to uninstall your old drvs before installing any new ones.
try a prog called det.destroyer to do the uninstall. it only takes a
few minutes and could save you from probs in the future!
try www.guru3d.com for the det. destroyer prog.

Yeah I have detanator destroyer but it never works for my computer (not sure why). And I know the old drivers need to be removed, I just need to know which method of removing them is better:

a) add/remove programs
b) through device manager

Probably the same end result, but if there's a difference I would like to know (I know there are many many people on these forums that know more than me so I like input before I do things).

Thanks!

I've yet to ever remove the old drivers and have never had a problem..guess i'm lucky :)

Good to know. So many websites just make a big deal about getting rid of old drivers, so I thought I'd check. It's probably just for hardcore people that overclock, etc. and care whether or not their 3dmark2001 score is 1000 or 1003.

Thanks!

this is what I do download turn off my antivirus and double click the file...have't had a problem yet....tried del and reinstalling the driver in win98 tore my shit up wouldn't boot because I would get a blue screen then safe mode would put the generic vid driver...well long story short just upgrade thought I would never say that in an xp forum but in this case works fine.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back