• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

best way to install detanators?

N

npfanz

I read a tutorial on this page that included using device manager to manually uninstall the video card for which you want to upgrade drivers. In a recently downloaded set of detanators, though, I read that the old drivers can be removed through control panel -> add remove programs. Any ideas on which method provides a better base for updating?

Thanks

M

MrWetsnow

I would just like to say that I always simply do an upgrade without uninstalling the old drivers and I have yet to have a problem.

YMMV.

Dan

D

da rock

best bet is to uninstall your old drvs before installing any new ones.
try a prog called det.destroyer to do the uninstall. it only takes a
few minutes and could save you from probs in the future!
try www.guru3d.com for the det. destroyer prog.

N

npfanz

Yeah I have detanator destroyer but it never works for my computer (not sure why). And I know the old drivers need to be removed, I just need to know which method of removing them is better:

a) add/remove programs
b) through device manager

Probably the same end result, but if there's a difference I would like to know (I know there are many many people on these forums that know more than me so I like input before I do things).

Thanks!

N

npfanz

Good to know. So many websites just make a big deal about getting rid of old drivers, so I thought I'd check. It's probably just for hardcore people that overclock, etc. and care whether or not their 3dmark2001 score is 1000 or 1003.

Thanks!

phishhead

OSNN Senior Addict
this is what I do download turn off my antivirus and double click the file...have't had a problem yet....tried del and reinstalling the driver in win98 tore my shit up wouldn't boot because I would get a blue screen then safe mode would put the generic vid driver...well long story short just upgrade thought I would never say that in an xp forum but in this case works fine.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies