Best Voice Chat Software

S

S1RE

Whats your opinion everyone and back it up...

I think BattleCom is the best simply because its free and works great until I get more than 1 person joining my server. Yes, I host a BattleCom session on my pc and after 1 joins sometimes the 2nd person cannot hear the 1st person talking. How do I know this? When the 2nd person joins we exchange words and the 1st person is like, "Who are you talking to?" So far the fix for this is for the 1st person to rejoin the session and everyone hears everyone.

Any other opinions or options I might have to make this experience better, please share.

Have used Battlecom and Rogerwilco off and on for years during online gaming. Rogerwilco is head and shoulders better.

Voice quality on BC sounds like you are under water.
Three guys out of 20 can't connect to BC. (One of the guys has to use 2 sound cards top operate BC in game.)
BC dumps people randomly and when it does it dumps you back to the desktop. Not good in league games.
Set up for BC is much more complicated.

Pluses
Rogerwilco transfers host if the server dies.
Rogerwilco has a "server" version that is very firewall friendly.

The game clan I just joined uses BC and once the game launches all I hear is one word in 10 and then that word echos five to tem times. Yes, I have tried all of the adjustments! Yes, I have had BC experts walk me through all the adjustments!

Go with Rogerwilco!

PS One of the guys tried Ventrilo and was not impressed. He went back to RW.

although i have used roger wilco in the past, i'd have to say my current choice is better.

i use teamspeak. the sound quality and overall performance is superior.

roger wilko or teamspeak.

dont be a fool like me and spend money on microsoft gamevoice... noone ever picked up on it and the hosting channels suck.. :(

My clanmates use Team Speak. They've tried others but seem to have stuck with TS.

Ventrilo is the absolute best one I have used hands down. Better sound quality and less effect on pings and packet loss.

Get it here.

I've looked into this a bit, and I use 2 different systems mainly, but here's 4 to suite all your needs.

For games, TeamSpeak. It's superiour to any I've tried, it's free, it's cross platform. It has a dedicated servers for each platform.

For Windows to Windows chat, PicoPhone
Tiny, simple, free, works great. Windows only.

SpeakFreely for full featured voice chat. Compatible with some other free and commercial clients.
Open source, cross platform.

OpenPhone
For talking to netmeeting users without using netmeeting itself.
You may want to do this if you are using a NAT router which doesn't work with netmeeting or if you're not using Windows.
Open source, cross platform.

edit: fixed urls. im tired. bye.

I use roger wilco

- never had a connection issue
- sound quality is excellent.
- one button activation (which can easily be changed)

why change

Does anyone who has tried Roger wilco want to rave about somthing that us die hard Wilco users should try...

chaos945: why does Ventrillo stand above Roger wilco -

Thank You Everyone

Thanks for all your replies I'm going to try all these over time and make my own judgement. So far TeamSpeak looks like what I'll look into first.

With BattleCom client you could host and join sessions. With Teamspeak I see there are two seperate downloads the client and the server. For one to host a session would need the server then also run the client to join the session, or would you only need the server to host the session and everyone can then join without using the client on the server side or vice-versa?

Let me know... [Kr0m] ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back