Best Virus Scanner? Ur Thoughts!

N

neoterixx

Having many problems with NIMDA virus I would like to know what is the best virus scanner for windows xp ?

Norton Anti-virus 2002. Excellent support, and the quickest to provide updated virus definitions in the industry (at least this is what I have eXPerienced).

BAH!

I have the full version of Norton Antivirus 2002.

Even though I laid out money for it, I've converted to AVG and only use it.

It works better and has less of an impact on your system. Plus, it's free. Screw Norton.

I have had no problem with Norton 2002. It hasn't let me down.

AVG

Vorpal: I'm with you. Ive tried McAfee & Norton and now use the paid version of AVG from Grisoft.com. It doesn't mess with my system and if you uninstall it, doesn't take system files with it like Norton. The free version is just as good as the paid version!

interesting comparison between personal antivirus software available.... note how AVG got 2 star rating from editor and 5 star from members.... and Norton got 5 star from editor and 2 star from members...

try looking here for some opinion..

I'd go with the people anytime. Anything from norton sucks big time. AVG all the way.

AVP - My Weapon of Choice

AVP (Antiviral Toolkit PRO) is my selected antivirus. It's much lighter than norton, works much better than McAfee's lame (i'm sorry, it is) attempt at an anti-virus and is updated online constantly. I started disliking Norton the day it tried to take control over my computer. :mad:

Norton is heavy, works rather bad and i don't trust it. Once it found a virus inside a ROM i downloaded to run on an emulator. I guess this pretty much says it all. The ROM ran on a 68000 CPU :rolleyes:

This is just my opinion. If anyone wants to try it out, here it is:

http://www.kaspersky-labs.com/

I currently use NAV2002 but I had on F-Prot and NAV2002 at same time and i scanned 2 programs with NAV and nothing then scanned them with F-Prot and F-prot picked up that they were joke programs and even said something like that. The programs would run and pretend to delete ur C: and the F-prot was the free trial version which kinda made me wonder how good could NAV possibly be. Also goodluck uninstalling NAV and putting it back on, it leaves a mess behind and you need a removal tool to get all of it.

goodluck

Norton Corporate undoubtably for administering more than 10 computers

Norton Corporate uses a antivirus "server" on your network to distribute the latest updates AUTOMATICALLY. You can also administer all your norton antivirus computers from one location.

I just love those features.

-g

I must be the odd ball here. I had Norton it let me down. It said I had a virus and could do nothing about it. That was on my new Laptop. On my desktop I have Panda. It's found about 15 in the 2 years I've had it, never did me wrong.

Hi,

I've been using Kaspersky Anti-Virus Pro (AVP) since 1996 and have never been infected with a virus.

It's clean, fast, uses relatively few resources and its database is updated almost daily.

http://www.kaspersky.com

All the best,
Grusic

I use F-Secure Antivirus, so far it's the best. Just install and boom you're done. It does everything in the background. No need to configure it for e-mail or anything. The program monitors all the files for you automatically. Depending which ones you specify that is. Very little resource usage too, I'd recommend going with this one.

open challenge to stuy_b and any other NAV2002 user. i'll e-mail you my packed bo2k server. then watch the fun begin :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back