Best video editing software?

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi dudes,

What do you think is the best home editing software? I like Windows Movie Maker but I find it a bit basic. I remember a few years ago having some software made by Cyberlink I think, which came with my VIVO graphics card, and that was pretty good but that will be well old by now.

Any suggestions? Reps for any useful posts :)

megui is what i use to do dvd to mkv/aac - used to use gordian knot for when i was doing dvd to avi, you might want to take a look at the guides on www.doom9.org

if you are going to edit avi/mpeg there are tools and guides on doom9 and also videohelp.com

If you are looking for open source free software try. its powerful and is comparable to some expensive related software.

Jahshaka

Jahshaka is a video and film compositing, editing and special fx system that uses OpenGL & OpenML hardware rendering to give operators real time interactivity. The system is cross platform, and also includes full CG, paint and image processing modules.

I came across one I really like. Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD or MPEGVCR.

http://www.womble.com/

The DVD version costs $99 which is high but it lets you edit a stream (like cutting out commercials) without re-encoding which means minutes instead of hours to clean up a recorded show on 2 hour DVD. It can also re-encode to most formats. Typical to slightly faster than other tools I tried when re-encoding.

If you do a lot of work with DVDs it is worth the extra cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back