Best sound quality music player?

CyberFighting

OSNN Newbie
I have been noticing lately that I am in love with Jazz music and the sound quality of my iPod is not good enough. Want to get something new? Any suggestion?

I have been noticing lately that I am in love with Jazz music and the sound quality of my iPod is not good enough. Want to get something new? Any suggestion?
/watches thread, would like to know the answer to this question myself

Are you talking about purchased music bought from Itunes? Or are these albums you own that you can then re-rip into a better format.

If this is music you already own, such as Itunes, than the only way to get better is to find a player with a higher signal to noise ratio than an Ipod, which may or may not be compatible to Itunes.

If this is music that you own and can be patient enough to re-rip, than you might want to check out either of the lossless codecs, FLAC, WMA-lossless, and I think that Itunes has a lossless format AAC-lossless.
A better codec might also be OGG as this is a good codec for music with a wide dynamic range.

Rio made players that supported a lot of formats, Sandisk is another one that offers more format support.

most of my pop music were bought from itunes but i have my Jazz collection in CD. I'm thinking of getting a player which can play WMA format, so the player must have at least 20GB. My new player will listen to Jazz only. Also need a pair of headphones better than Sennheiser PX200, any suggestion?

128k he-aac should be good enough

One of the first things that go in compressed music is dynamic range along with separation, in most music this is not an issue, but in something like Jazz or Classical, I should not need to turn the volume up to hear the soft passages.

The Zune is 30 GB and I believe supports the WMA lossless.

One of the first things that go in compressed music is dynamic range along with separation, in most music this is not an issue, but in something like Jazz or Classical, I should not need to turn the volume up to hear the soft passages.

The Zune is 30 GB and I believe supports the WMA lossless.

i have a friend who always listen jazz suggest me to buy this kenwood player: HD30GB9 HDD MP3 Player. i thought it is a little bit expensive. But it seem it can provide excellent sound quality.

I guess I need a better headphones too.

Look at iAudio, iRiver or Cowon. Some players can be made better by using the Rockbox firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back