best quality player

C

cabmustang

does anyone know wich media player offers the best quality. i'm using musicmatch 8 basic right now but the quality seems terrible. thanks for any help you can give.

i use j river media center with the dfx plugin and it sounds very good. the dfx plugin is the important part. it makes mp3's sound so much better. there also is adfx plugin for musicmatch....

As sboulema said, the DFX plugin makes all the difference. I use WMP9 with the DFX plugin, and it sounds awesome :)

i liked the j river one but the quality isn't that great, and the dfx plugin doesn't work on my system. plus it keeps telling me to register. are there any others that have the same quality as Windows Media Player or better without the plugins?

I still recommend you try XMPlay. It supports Winamp2 plugins, but they're not required for great sounding audio. The program itself is tiny, sample rate adjustments and surround modes are built into the player... and it's skinnable :D

This link will get you straight to the download page:
http://www.un4seen.com/xmplay.html

And there's a nice little support page:
http://support.xmplay.com/
(You can get plugins here that will allow the player to support more types of audio also)

Give it a shot, it's worth it!

Also meant to ask... what kind of sound card do you have? That could affect your sound quality.

i'm running a sound blaster live(value). the card is quite old and i'm using the original windows drivers, i'd download new drivers but i thing it messed up my registry the last time because my computer shut down very slowly. i tried xm play and it's alright. and i'v tried zoom player but i was hoping for an installer on these. it just makes things easier.

there is a plugin for ALL creative soundblaster cards for winamp
the sampling gets buggered and you have crap sound it happens with all sb cards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back