best programs for android?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
he guys, am looking into an android, would like to know best must have programs, paid and free

I know it's got free gps through google, that looks great

iphone has some terrific things like a very accurate dynometer and a bunch of games

so what's good for android?

Barcode Scanner for price hunting, Astrid (syncs with Remember The Milk online), Ringdroid for mp3 editing to ring tones

all free, though some may have a pay version as well

sms backup
advanced task manager
droidlight
ak notepad
tip calc (coffee cup icon)
where's my droid
zedge
oi file manager
antivirus (don't remember the name)

Astro Fileexplorer
Handcent SMS
Google Goggles
Google Gesture Search
Titanium Backup
Ak Notepad
Google Maps w Navigation (if you are running 2.1)
Quick Boot (rooted)
Urbanspoon
Amazon
Wifi Tether

I can't add anymore, but XDA Developers is the place to be for the newest and best on ANY platform except the Iphone, but who wants that :) :) :)

SPC - Super Private Conversation
ConvertDroid
The Weather Channel
ESPN Sports ticker

Heeter

Handcent Messaging
Facebook (official app)
Google Sky map
N1 Torch (For Nexus One only - must have root also)
Pandora
Flixter Movies (Awesome app for looking up movies and trailers)
ScummVM (emulator for older scumm based games Lucas Arts games - monkey island series, etc)
Subsonic (free steaming of music from home computer to mobile)
Titanium Backup (priceless)
ShopSavvy (Barcode scanner)

There are ton's more too.

all free, though some may have a pay version as well

sms backup
advanced task manager
droidlight
ak notepad
tip calc (coffee cup icon)
where's my droid
zedge
oi file manager
antivirus (don't remember the name)
Is an antivirus really necessary? Last time I ran the one that came with my motorola smartphone it bogged down performance. If there are attacks on these phones they aren't widespread or I just have not heard of them.

good chance not really but doesn't seem have any real effect on the speed of the phone. I could always install it I guess but figure it offers a bit more peace of mind that its protected

good chance not really but doesn't seem have any real effect on the speed of the phone. I could always install it I guess but figure it offers a bit more peace of mind that its protected
Understood.:) I also plan to jump into the droid world. Thinking of getting a motorola flip in two weeks[AT&T].

I don't have any experience with the Android virus scanners as I don't see the need personally as most apps that could damage your system would need to request root access which has to be approved by the user. Similar to UAC in windows vista and 7.

However if you do choose to use one, you might need to be aware that there could be battery life and performance implications for running such an app in the background.

Took a look at the flip and I think I'll wait. AT&T has totally sabotaged the flip because of their deal with Apple. I really can't wait for this stupid exclusive crap to be over. Android 1.6? Really AT&T?

Skype app, make call skype to skype is absolutely free of cost.

finally gave up waiting for windows 7 and got meself an evo

loving this thing after coming from windows 6.2, having too much fun figuring things out

anyone have any tips to use right off the bat?

grow a beard

grew that beard but this did not give me android joy as you suggested it might

anyway, I've been told there's a video chat that can work between iphone and android, anyone know what this is?

Just my $0.02 ... I've been using DoubleTwist for music but I'm giving Winamp a try now. Best thing about DT was it could overlay the player controls on top of the unlock slider and pattern lock that I have. Which is awesome since I'd never need to unlock the phone to change tracks. Either Winamp doesn't have this or I don't know how to turn it on. I'll keep playing, but so far it's pretty good.

I can't live or run my my business without my Android. Something important, although not a specific app to me is it is https capable. Apps I enjoy or find useful are:

Files Anywhere (awesome)
Weather Bug
Local News Apps
Facebook
XRay Scanner (a lot of laughs)
Pandora

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back