Best program to backup alot of files?

S

substance

I have to backup someone elses hardrive, and they specifically requested that i use cdr's and just put the files on the cds, not a backup volume set or anything where you cant see each file on each cd without a special program.
Is there a program that will let me load a bunch of files and folders that total more than 700mb in the program, and have the software just ask me for the next cd, like a volume set but allowing me to see the files individually on each cd without a specific program, Just like a regular data cd?

I suggest manual sorting acctually. That way you can see to that directories don't get splitted if they're not supposed to and so on. Some work maybe, but then they'll be in some order at least.

Probably won't work to well . It might be ok for small programs but filling a cd with just folders is asking for trouble. When you load a some programs they go into a lot of different directories. You saave one but miss the others. Then there is the registry to consider. Ghosting it is the way to go for that size.
ps just my 2 cents worth. :D

Drive Image 2002

(may have a 'pro' on the end as well!) supports entire Partitions to CDR and I think DVD/R

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back