Best PC ?

Z

ZAnwar

Who has got the best PC on this whole bunch of forums ?
I know I ain`t, look below !

Not mine. But good enough for me. Just upgraded to Volcano 7 today. More ram coming. Anyone with ASUS A7A266 mobo wanting to have Volcano 7, PM me first. Will save you a nightmare.

I am pretty happy with mine...

a little worried about the future of RDRAM, but the system works great... (and a little jealous of the 40X CD-RW that Dell just launched OEM...)

Re: I am pretty happy with mine...

Originally posted by efeezee
a little worried about the future of RDRAM, but the system works great... (and a little jealous of the 40X CD-RW that Dell just launched OEM...)

don't bother to get a 40x cd writer...my friend has one..it writes a whopping minute or so faster then my 24x woohoo

the problem is this..a cd-writer does not write at it's max speed the entire time...it can't...so anything faster then a 40x nowadays is just gonna shave a few seconds off and not be worth it :p

as for my system

Amd Athlon 1900+ oc'ed to 2100+
1gb ddr2400 ram
Geforce Ti500 oc'ed
Sound Blaster Audigy platinum
10/100 Nic
24x TDK cdrw
1x Pioneer DVD-RW
2x 80GB Western Digital HD's

And no i'm not rich or anything...most of this hardware is thanks to a local small computer shop got shutdown recently due to the owner committing credit card fraud..and they had the most AWESOME sheriff's sale!!! only a handful of people were there and we made off like bandits...I made 600 bucks reselling laptop modems and nic's heheh

im very pleased with my set up.

ive been enjoying mine alot...and im running very stable on xp pro.:D ;)

Re: Re: I am pretty happy with mine...

Originally posted by Qumahlin

...my system

1gb ddr2400 ram
Geforce Ti500 oc'ed
10/100 Nic
24x TDK cdrw
1x Pioneer DVD-RW

I think we may have a winner ... :D man, what a sweet set-up...

Built the system I have now for spare use. It's pretty good with a lot of high quality specs, but it's not the best. IMO, noone has the best computer, it all depends on what they do and how they tweak it. There is no perfect system. Anyways, I really don't care for OCing, all it really does it kill the part's life. :D

[EDIT] I got a few spare parts I don't use, like DVD player and all that. I really don't need to use them so I don't have them in my system.

Well mine 'aint the best but I'm loving the speed of everything, games and XP apps. Thumbs up to MS for finally making a good stable OS (still not perfect in other areas but hey at least it runs)

Gonna shove in a GeForce4 soon so lets hope it runs like a beast.

Specs below.....

Re: Re: I am pretty happy with mine...

Originally posted by Qumahlin

don't bother to get a 40x cd writer...my friend has one..it writes a whopping minute or so faster then my 24x woohoo

the problem is this..a cd-writer does not write at it's max speed the entire time...it can't...so anything faster then a 40x nowadays is just gonna shave a few seconds off and not be worth it :p

as for my system

1gb ddr2400 ram
Geforce Ti500 oc'ed
10/100 Nic
24x TDK cdrw
1x Pioneer DVD-RW

And no i'm not rich or anything...most of this hardware is thanks to a local small computer shop got shutdown recently due to the owner committing credit card fraud..and they had the most AWESOME sheriff's sale!!! only a handful of people were there and we made off like bandits...I made 600 bucks reselling laptop modems and nic's heheh

DamN! I was going to say, "You lucky little bastard!" you have lots of nice stuff like a 1x DVD RW! wow you better save your pennies each DVD-R is what $19.99-$29.99

Think before you burn :D

I have just rebuilt my main system to this:

Pentium 4, 2.00 GHz
1 Gig Mushkin 2100 DDR-Ram
MSI 845 Ultra-ARU Motherboard
Leadtek Winfast A170 DDR T GeForce4 MX440 64MB DDR video card
Onboard C-Media CM18738 Audio
52X Sony Cd-Rom
Sony CDRW 1611 CD Writer 16x10x40x
Internal Iomega 100 Zip Drive
40 Gig Seagate HDD
19" ViewSonic monitor
D-Link 10/100 Network Card
Silitek 118 Key Keyboard
Microsoft Optical Intellimouse
Lonsen Speakers
15" ViewSonic LCD monitor running off a S3 Savage 4 Video Card with 16Mg
Lian Li PC-65 Aluminum ATX Midi Tower.

I also have two other machines. The wifes is one running a Plll 1GHz with 512 Meg SDRAM and the other one is a Plll 866 with 384 Meg SDRAM.

I just love my computers :D

I get dvd media at a store near me called MicroCenter. it's about 14.99 a pop. and you get two extra discs if you buy a bundle of 10...but considering it's 4.7gb a disc i'm happy :) Prices on it are coming down though so that should be cool

How long does it take to back up a full 4.7GB of data? I know most drives now are 2X, and I think 4X will be launching (or has launched) very soon (April?)... I can do the math, just curious how long your 1X takes? Also, what software do you use? I back-up a lot of audio/video files (I currently have about 135 archive CD's), and DVD-RW could help tremendously with that if the speed is reasonable. Thanks for your insight.

Qumahlin, you took a risk OCing the XP, was reading up on it last night, seems well complicated.

I guess this makes mine the "Beater" of the group...I'm still running a lowly Celeron 500. Wouldnt mind it as much if the motherboard had a damned AGP slot.

Originally posted by lelu
Well... I sure like mine. :)

Lelu, you need at least some clutter...sheesh! Make me look like Fred Sanford...you big dummy!! :p

Originally posted by Smokie
I have just rebuilt my main system to this:

Pentium 4, 2.00 GHz
1 Gig Mushkin 2100 DDR-Ram
MSI 845 Ultra-ARU Motherboard
Leadtek Winfast A170 DDR T GeForce4 MX440 64MB DDR video card
Onboard C-Media CM18738 Audio
52X Sony Cd-Rom
Sony CDRW 1611 CD Writer 16x10x40x
Internal Iomega 100 Zip Drive
40 Gig Seagate HDD
19" ViewSonic monitor
D-Link 10/100 Network Card
Silitek 118 Key Keyboard
Microsoft Optical Intellimouse
Lonsen Speakers
15" ViewSonic LCD monitor running off a S3 Savage 4 Video Card with 16Mg
Lian Li PC-65 Aluminum ATX Midi Tower.

I also have two other machines. The wifes is one running a Plll 1GHz with 512 Meg SDRAM and the other one is a Plll 866 with 384 Meg SDRAM.

I just love my computers :D

Pentium .... not my type. On the LCD monitor and the Lian Li case, you wasted some money. LCD monitors suck if you are into games, and you probably wasted a hundred bucks on the case. They might look good, but they ain't really no different to a regular case. Maybe the cooling is a little better, but not for the price. Just my opinion anyways.

I like mine dual processor machine, but is waitin' for the dual p4 and is gonna rock. :D :D :D

xsivforce we have the samme MOBO :)

mine :

1Ghz Athlon
512MB Ram
Geforce MX 400
SB live
A7A266 - Mobo
3 x 60GB IBM drives

I like mine to

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by max
xsivforce we have the samme MOBO :)

Cool :cool: . What are you using to cool the CPU? Reason I ask, I just went from a Volcano 6cu+ to a Volcano 7. A Volcano 7 doesn't really fit on our board unless you "bend" a couple of resistors. I was really nervous doing it. But, it worked. Much, much quieter and it looks nice. Need to mod a side window to "show it off"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back