best of the best

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok NTFS people i call on you people here who like intel. and i dont want this to turn into an intel and amd debate

i just need intel

i need to know the 4 best intel boards out there for the price and speed. so what do you guys/girls like here????

If I may make a suggestion... the 865PE chipset is pretty spicey... especially the PERL

the basic boards have at least 8x AGP, dual channel DDR400(and all the way back to 266), 800MhzFSB (and is reverse compatible all the way to the Celeron w/ 400mhz FSB)support, 5.1 channel audio (20 bit), dual channel SATA, hyperthreading, usb2.0, etc etc...
same board with more stuff includes Gigabyte ethernet or LAN,and RAID

The 865G chipset (ie D865GBF - has one more PCI slot than the PERL) has basically the same stuff but onboard video, if you are into that (intel extreme graphics 2)

In comparison with the 875 chipset... you are getting alot of the same features for a little less cash (865PERL w/ RAID+GBe = $136; 875PBZ = $156)

just my opinion... but then again, I could have no idea what Im talking about

i thought i read that the newer 800fsb boards weren't compatible with 400fsb procs?

Pretty sure the 875's arent (they can support 533, but not 400) but the 865's can: (800 P4, 533 P4, and 400 celeron)

well if hes asking for the best mobo's... its canterwoods handsdown eh ? init ?

there are a couple of new boards coming out from VIA and ATi... both of whom should have canterwood based solutions soon enough... probably on market in q303 or q403...

how soon do you want a replacement canadian_divx ?

:) I am also looking to upgrade in a bit... first hand info will be great...

cheers..

i am looking for the 5 top intel motherboards that are the best for there price, all the features they have and how fast they are and how good they are made. like nothing from msi lol

the best of the best and most cmpatiale or upgradeabel

Now that you qualified it "for the price" look at whatever ASUS model is using the 865 chipset. ASUS and a few others have built most of the bandwidth enhancements that are in the 875 into their MB at no extra cost. The proof that they work is that Intel is threatening law suits...

Also, keep in mind what processor you want to use. See above comments on FSB. The higher FSB proc will add a significant increase to your cost.

BTW My next upgrade will be to an Intel based system, for the first time since 1987 and my 80286/12mHz proc.

The king is dead! :confused:

Originally posted by LeeJend
Now that you qualified it "for the price" look at whatever ASUS model is using the 865 chipset. ASUS and a few others have built most of the bandwidth enhancements that are in the 875 into their MB at no extra cost. The proof that they work is that Intel is threatening law suits...

Also, keep in mind what processor you want to use. See above comments on FSB. The higher FSB proc will add a significant increase to your cost.

BTW My next upgrade will be to an Intel based system, for the first time since 1987 and my 80286/12mHz proc.

The king is dead! :confused:

not going to wait for the athlon64 ?

they demoed a laptop with it @ the MML2 thinger.. so its only a matter of time now...

DFI LanParty!!!

Awesome, overclockable board. Three boards are available, two AMD's, one P4 check it out:

http://www.lanparty.com.tw/LP1/index_lp_us.jsp

Don't forget to check the list of stuff it comes with. It even has RAID1.5!!

I am the owner of two DFI boards (2xPIII's) This one will be my next.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back