Best New Game Played This Year

I know I'll get slated for this but: Halo

Admittedly it's only the third game I've bought this year (C&C Generals & Tomb Raider being the others)

Also spent a great deal of time on Atomic Bomberman, but thats ages old....

Originally posted by Vorpal
Ugg... Commandos 2 was great... Commandos 3 was like a step backwards.

Yes :eek: , most of people said that but I think that what could be changed has been changed .. As a fan I cannot accept that step :p ..

There have been a few good games I liked this year. They all have issues, but they were enjoyable despite what I didn't like. KotOR, Hit & Run, Sands of Time, Max Payne 2, and a few others have been enjoyable.

Originally posted by TwinkieKing
Call of duty sounds like it owns, but is it anything like Mohaa? (or with the expansions, I just havent played any of them) If so let me know....

Call of Duty is great because of the new standard it set in immersion. There is no other game that comes close to the feeling it gives you, as if you were really there. Get 5.1 surround sound for the best effect!

MOHAA is a good small-battle type of game, but Call of Duty is more of a massive-battle. You'll see when you get to Stalingrad...

I'm gonna have to split my vote a little :)

I loved tron 2.0 and max payne 2...

Vietcong - For single player (It kept me hooked and I still go back and play it now), although multiplayer was disappointing.

MOH:AA - I know it came out ages ago, but I got it right at the start of this year and I played, loved multiplayer, joined a clan etc., but MOH:AA seems to be becomming less popular because of:

Call of Duty - Single player was great, still felt a bit arcadey and same old AI as MOH:AA (What I mean is, if a german shoots you and you go behind a wall, as soon as you look out again, you get hit as soon as your body leaves the wall, like playing multiplayer against a lamer with a wallhack). AI is also way to predictable, not enough programmed actions/movements, they always seem to go back to back with walls and randomly twist round to shoot. Multiplayer is OK, but I dont see the point of being able to look down the sights because you don't even need to use them and all servers seem to keep the stupid on-screen crosshair activated. (I wouldnt call it stupid normally, but it spoils the whole point of the iron sights).

I criticise CoD so much because I was waiting so long for it after completeing the demos many times over but as it wasn't that amazing, I was a bit disappointed.

Also, another game which came out late last year, but I only got it this year, is Hitman 2: Silent Assasin. That is a brilliant game.

:p ....

I like CoD as well, although the enemies still have a habit of materialising out of thin air...

Halo is one of the greatest ever created games and it is very under-rated,

PS2 = NFS:Underground, excellent graphics, admittedly not crash damage but still the function to turn your Golf GTi into a highly tuned street racer and then upgradeto a Nissan Sentra or Mitsibushi Eclipse, basically this game is 2F&F on drugs.

PC = i still like IGI2, i love it, 'nuf said

but my overall best of the year, must be NFS:Underground :D

I know I am behind the times but we just got Halo yesterday and my youngest one loves it , I admit I like it too LOL , And I just picked up the demo of Rise Of Nations looking forward to playing that I am a big fan of Age Of empires and Civilization III so I am sure I am going to like Rise Of Nations.

Shame Co-op play was removed though, sounds like it was one of the best things in the X-box version

I cannot decide between Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC) or Max Payne 2 (PC). I am right in the middle of SW:KOTOR and loving every minute of it especially killing hobos who tried to make me pay five credits to use an elevator ealier today. :D

Originally posted by jmole
I cannot decide between Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC) or Max Payne 2 (PC). I am right in the middle of SW:KOTOR and loving every minute of it especially killing hobos who tried to make me pay five credits to use an elevator ealier today. :D

lol, I didn't kill them. Spoke to them a bit & gave 20 credits (I can almost hear you thinking "wuss...."). Did gave me a few lightside points though. :D

Although MP2 is alot shorter I still prefer it over KOTOR. I'm just more of a action type kinda guy...

Edit: My fav game for 2003 is Call of Duty btw. I just looooooovvvve those WW2 shooters. Great stuff!!!

Originally posted by .:Dutch-Dude:.
lol, I didn't kill them. Spoke to them a bit & gave 20 credits (I can almost hear you thinking "wuss...."). Did gave me a few lightside points though. :D

Although MP2 is alot shorter I still prefer it over KOTOR. I'm just more of a action type kinda guy...

Edit: My fav game for 2003 is Call of Duty btw. I just looooooovvvve those WW2 shooters. Great stuff!!!

The light side is for weenies! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back