Best motherboard

L

loppdawg69

Friend is thinking of upgrading his comp...he will definetly be using an AMD probably XP 2000+. What are your guys thoughts on choice of motherboard. Gaming/application system, im an Asus man but to many out there with SOYO and MSI etc. Whats your guys thoughts.

I'd go with a top end soyo dragon...it's a sweet board, been out there long enough that the bugs are worked out, and it's one of the tops in performance

ASUS boards are pretty good too....It depends on your friend and how much he wants to spend on it...

im an asus a7 series man myself. The soyo dragon is a nice board. I just built a machine with an MSI k7t266 pro2 board. It was nice but the AMI bios in it isnt compatible with the GeForce4 series video cards yet. (found out the hard way).

I am not one for built on components, but if i am not mistakin, the dragon has a nice sound system built on. The MSI uses the 97 shtuff. It isnt that good.

What kind of video card does he have? Soyo Dragon has some issues with some Geforce 3 ti500 cards. That is why I went with the Asus A7V266E.

Soyo Dragon Plus. See Signature for my setup

JJB6486

For me it is the...

My choice has to the the epox 8kha+ got it as soon as it came out,up and running straight out of the box rock solid stable board running at 155mhz without 1 error in XP can push even more,and you can now pick it up cheap for around £85,also works fine with my asus g3 which has had problems with abit boards ie.not detecting during bios(no responses please i tried everything!)

NOT MSI that's for sure...

I'm hearing good thing about the Epox BonyTony mentioned and the Shuttle AK35GTR...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back