best motherboard

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
i was wondering what you all thought of for a board for a P4 3.2GHz, processor, 800FSB with the Intel 845PE (<-- i think that this is the fastest chipset for the P4 out there, please excuse my ignorance, i have been away from computers for around 2 months, so not fully up to date.) what do you all think is the best MOBO with the fastest chipset, and then what are your opinions of specalty ram, aka overclockers ram. i have never really noticed a large difference, other than lower memory timings, which (in my case) have caused crashed, either due to defective ram or too agressive on the timings. anyway, just wanted to ask. thanks yall.

The 875 was the fastest last time I looked.
The 865 is a stripped down version (cheaper) of the 875.
The 845 is last years model.

ASUS, ABIT or Intel. take you pick.

Asus or Abit higher-end mobo and Corsair XMS memory. Thats my setup anyway (without the Asus though).:)

yeah, old 845 only supports the 400/533mhz fsb and uses single-channel memory. the new 865 and 875 support the 800mhz fsb and use dual-channel. the best budget/performance chipset would be the 865.

i use
Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000
its the 865 chipset but it works well.. i would say get something sponcered by intel, not one of the cheaper brands, money is well worth it

i was looking at the ASUS 800-E, is an inproved version of the Delux model before.

I got the top of the line MSI motherboard...

just got back tonite... will install it tomorrow... :)

and it is PE... also has PAT though due to licensing reasons I believe MSI calls it MAT... from the tests I have seen the automatic overclocking seems to be quite effective...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back