best motherboard

i was wondering what you all thought of for a board for a P4 3.2GHz, processor, 800FSB with the Intel 845PE (<-- i think that this is the fastest chipset for the P4 out there, please excuse my ignorance, i have been away from computers for around 2 months, so not fully up to date.) what do you all think is the best MOBO with the fastest chipset, and then what are your opinions of specalty ram, aka overclockers ram. i have never really noticed a large difference, other than lower memory timings, which (in my case) have caused crashed, either due to defective ram or too agressive on the timings. anyway, just wanted to ask. thanks yall.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
The 875 was the fastest last time I looked.
The 865 is a stripped down version (cheaper) of the 875.
The 845 is last years model.

ASUS, ABIT or Intel. take you pick.

Taurus

hardware monkey
yeah, old 845 only supports the 400/533mhz fsb and uses single-channel memory. the new 865 and 875 support the 800mhz fsb and use dual-channel. the best budget/performance chipset would be the 865.

M

moooo

i use
Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000
its the 865 chipset but it works well.. i would say get something sponcered by intel, not one of the cheaper brands, money is well worth it

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I got the top of the line MSI motherboard...

just got back tonite... will install it tomorrow... :)

and it is PE... also has PAT though due to licensing reasons I believe MSI calls it MAT... from the tests I have seen the automatic overclocking seems to be quite effective...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut