Best mobo outa these

Syrus

OSNN Addict
Hi
Im looking for a new motherboard for my P4 its 2.8ghz and has a 800mhz fsb and ive listed some motherboards below tell me which you think is the best.

Abit BH7-E £56quid
Abit IS7-V £61quid
GigaByte GA-8IPE1000 £65quid
MSI PT8 neo series £54.50
Intel D865Perl £74.43

my budget is 75quid and if theres any other boards for that price that you recommend then let me know it must support an 800mhz fsb p4 and i don't want it as Dual DDR.

Thanks
Dan

Afaik the Abit BH7 doesn't have FSB800, only FSB533. I'd take the Abit IS7, it's gotten very good marks in tests (not sure about -V though).

the IS7 has the ICH5-R RAID southbridge with s-ata raid capability and firewire. the IS7-E just has the regular ICH5 southridge with no raid or firewire. i don't notice any other difference.

if you don't need raid or firewire, go for the IS7-E. the IS7 series are great boards.

Originally posted by taurus
the IS7 has the ICH5-R RAID southbridge with s-ata raid capability and firewire. the IS7-E just has the regular ICH5 southridge with no raid or firewire. i don't notice any other difference.

if you don't need raid or firewire, go for the IS7-E. the IS7 series are great boards.
Yeah, but he listed IS7-V, not IS7-E. Though I would take the IS7 or IS7-E, better chipset. Can't be much more expensive can it? And it's not like Dual Channel will be a problem. You can still run single channel.

Originally posted by Zedric
Yeah, but he listed IS7-V, not IS7-E. Though I would take the IS7 or IS7-E, better chipset. Can't be much more expensive can it? And it's not like Dual Channel will be a problem. You can still run single channel.
oops! :eek:

IS7-V is an 848 chipset, huh? never heard of it. it looks like just a single channel version of the 865 (correct?). it's about $20 cheaper than the -E so i guess it could be a better decision if you're really never going to use dual channel. but most people would pay a little more just for the possibility that they may use it someday.

Originally posted by Syrus
they are s-ata unfortinatly
what's wrong with that? it's a native part of the ich5 southbridge. just disable it in the bios and use the parallel channels.

Originally posted by Syrus
they are s-ata unfortinatly
So? Just because a board has more features than you're using right now doesn't mean that you can easily find a board without the features cheaper, or even that a board without the features even would be cheaper due to production volumes and such.

Now stop whining and just buy the board! :p You'll be happy with it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back