best instant messager program is ....

C

cam

trillian !

http://trillian.cc

for those of you who dont know, trillian is a non-resource hungry program that supports irc, aol im, icq, msn & yahoo chat modules.. the only drawback until yesterday was a lack of stability on yahoo/msn and no file transfers.. the new version has all of that now, highly recommended. i dont have enough thumbs to truly give this an "x thumbs up" rating ;D

cam

Hehe, I use this too, one of my most essential applications to date :)

Now if only they'd hurry up and finish version 0.64 :(

they did finish .64, they're now on .7 as of 5 december. go get it ;)

cam

Hey can you have a voice chat with msn with this trillian thing? Thanks

hmmmm never used it butill give it a shot :) thx

this is coool super easy to set up and u dont have to have 4 or 5 programs open thx man

one qestion it says in the web page feature they say the new 7.0 has transparent capable i cant fined it or is that only when u send in a donation ?

right click on the top of the contact list, advanced options, transparency :)

if you have more questions use the trillian board

Originally posted by karlmalone
Hey can you have a voice chat with msn with this trillian thing? Thanks

not sure since i dont really use msn.. but if it isnt available, it will probably be there in a future version. i just use a program called paltalk when i want to do voice/webcam chat with a friend.

cam

By the way, if you are experiencing slow-down using Transparency on the default skin...

Try this skin . Looks nicely and when using Transparency, doesn't slow-down AT ALL. :)

aim

i have trillian, but i still like aim better. trillian gets confusing a little. .70 is an improvemnt of .64, but still, i'd rather use aim. anyway, that's just my two cents. :)

Well, I've had to uninstall it after a unexpected, spectacular crash... :(

your best bet is to head on over to the trillian message board and ask some of the experts if they can fix your problem.

cam

wanted to bump this post up because i have an update on the ram usage for trillian..

i have it down to 2-3mb using a lighter skin. its really amazing isnt it? =D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back