Best imaging (b/u) for Vista?

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
I've faithfully used PowerQuest Drive Image 7 or Ghost 8 for imaging XP partitions. I also dabbled with using Acronis TrueImage 9. I'm looking for a replacement for Vista.

DI7 is not Vista compatible, I'm kinda turned of by Symantec these days and I tried using Seagate DiscWizard (TrueImage repackaged) but had problems with it that will keep me from using it.

What are other folks using?

The problem I had with Seagate's Disc Wizard (TrueImage) is that it would destroy the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool. This is a known problem. Do we have evidence that TI 10 doesn't F with that or anything else? I'll order the upgrade right now if it works perfectly.

How is Ghost 12 these days? Is it still resembling DI7?

Disc Wizard is not True Image. Its a hacked up true Image :)

Go get the real deal :)

Use the trial before you spend your money though - you may still have issues, though I never have.

I've tried Acronis TI v10 on my laptop with vista, but for some weird reason, TI will not load passed the splash screen on bootup (recovery mode). Have no idea why this is tbh, but it did work on my desktop, although it was a bit slow.
I wonder when they will release a workstation version of the software, it is one of the best I've used compared to Norton/Symantec Ghost.

If I remember correctly True Image and Disk Director had problems with the newer Intel Chipsets. I first discovered this on a Dell 745. Updating both applications should solve the problem.

I just got the Beta notice of True Image 11, expect the full release in 3 months.

Shaf

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back