best hsf?

Kush

High On Life!
hey guys im thinking of replacing my thermal take dragon orb 3 with another hsf since i might upgrade my cpu a bit after summer or during summer. which fan do u think is the best, money is no object when it comes to computer parts for me, even though it would be nice to save money. it doesnt have to have a speed control but that is cool. i dont really want speed control cuz i would just want to keep it at the highest to keep the cpu as cool as possible. i heard that this model is very good, but my dragon orb 3 spins at around 4900rpm and that one only at 3500, is it maybe because the fan is vertical?

so plz recomend the best fan for amd cpus and if possbile ones that support even the newest processor speeds.
Aero 7+ :D

Bit off what you are asking but what about water cooling, that will keep the temps down as well as the noise

isnt it like 100-200 dollars? i dont really need that cuz i dont over clock. i just want one that can keep a nice temp, noise doesnt matter

Originally posted by themafia_69
hey guys im thinking of replacing my thermal take dragon orb 3 with another hsf since i might upgrade my cpu a bit after summer or during summer. which fan do u think is the best, money is no object when it comes to computer parts for me, even though it would be nice to save money. it doesnt have to have a speed control but that is cool. i dont really want speed control cuz i would just want to keep it at the highest to keep the cpu as cool as possible. i heard that this model is very good, but my dragon orb 3 spins at around 4900rpm and that one only at 3500, is it maybe because the fan is vertical?

so plz recomend the best fan for amd cpus and if possbile ones that support even the newest processor speeds.
Aero 7+ :D

my zalman spins @ 1300rpm and keeps my cpu under 40C on load... and is only around 20db :)

hs is quite big but it does the job... fan does not sit ON the heat sink... it blows from above it... and it can keep ther units cool as well...

yea the zalman CNPS 6000 Cu roxor...i got myself one...can you say quite? w00t!...and it does the job for heat pretty well...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back