Best Hsf

you can get a 30 dallor volcano 11 xaser which is a REALLY good HSF or you can spend like 40 on an SLK 900 (just the sink) then buy a fan for it SLK-900 is prolly one of the best if not the best Heat sink out there right now but you don't get any of the bells and whistles of the thermaltake volcano 11 (variable fan speed back bracket speed ajuster and all that junk) I own a volcano 11 xaser and it can keep my 1800+ @ 1.93ghz with 333fsb at about 102 to 111 under full load and I've heard people with the SLK 900 have gotten 1700+ to about 2.3 or 2.4ghz with that @ about the same temp. (but this depends on where you live so remember that) I guess it all comes down to if you wanna spend 30 something for a good HSF or 40 + the cost of a fan on a really good one.

the HSF has to be under 100 canadian that is all i care for but i was reading about the SLK 900 and that means that i need to physicaly bend things on my mobo for it to fit and i dont like that idea,

32 bucks sazar haha you should have gotten a thermal take for that much.

It looks cool ive seen them in those mini-itx computers but I don't know how well they perform.

Originally posted by canadian_divx
i have herd very bad things about thoes, they may look cool but not practical

hmm... well I guess I will have to check it out farther than..

btw I have a thermaltake @ the mo krux...

my m8 runs the zalman and his temps as well as case noise were quite low... so I was considering getting one...

Originally posted by Sazar
hmm... well I guess I will have to check it out farther than..

btw I have a thermaltake @ the mo krux...

my m8 runs the zalman and his temps as well as case noise were quite low... so I was considering getting one...

go you! ive been a thermaltake fan (teehee get it?) since the volcano 6

Originally posted by Krux
go you! ive been a thermaltake fan (teehee get it?) since the volcano 6

too loud...

can anyone link to a review of the zalman HSF... ?

I would love to check out the review before buying it...

i am looking at the volcano 11 (dont care about noise) but i was just serfing around some sites and it seems pretty good for the heat but is there anything better than it becides electrothermic, water, slk900??

nope not really it can get noisy, I usally turn mine down b4 I go to sleep. but other then the volcano 11 there isn't really anything in its price range that is better. no If you want to spend 50 to 90 bucks for a HSF you can get one better but even those have peltiers on them whichs mean your gonna need one of those power plant cards or another PSU all together. you could get the SubZeroG4 by thermal take that comes with all that stuff but its about 120 bucks :)

and sazar you didn't say what model so I just put a link up for the first one I found :)

Originally posted by Krux

and sazar you didn't say what model so I just put a link up for the first one I found :)

its ok :)

my link has the model number of 6000 listed... but the website has a review of that as well..

I just read through... highly recommended... cept its a heavy mofo... :)

almost 1/2 a kilo :eek:

SAZAR

That HSF is 50% over the wight rating for the socket 7. On top of thta it only uses a single tab clip. Thats a formula for a fried CPU and MB.

A friend had his HSF shear off the plastic tab on the socket. In the seconds it took him to shutdown the system the CPU fired and the motherboard was overheated enough to destroy it.

Hope you use the zalman on an ASUS or SOLTEK. They're the only ones I know of with immediate thermal shutdown.

BTW the thermal resistance numbers look really good but you can never tell how they tested to get them. Tbred is smaller die and numbers are worse. bigger palomino or barton look much better.

Be interested to see how the Zalman works if you get it.

Originally posted by LeeJend
SAZAR

That HSF is 50% over the wight rating for the socket 7. On top of thta it only uses a single tab clip. Thats a formula for a fried CPU and MB.

A friend had his HSF shear off the plastic tab on the socket. In the seconds it took him to shutdown the system the CPU fired and the motherboard was overheated enough to destroy it.

Hope you use the zalman on an ASUS or SOLTEK. They're the only ones I know of with immediate thermal shutdown.

BTW the thermal resistance numbers look really good but you can never tell how they tested to get them. Tbred is smaller die and numbers are worse. bigger palomino or barton look much better.

Be interested to see how the Zalman works if you get it.

yes.. I was looking @ that... the other option I have is the 3100 which is half the weight.. ie... under the 300grm threshold specified... and it is only 1C warmer in tests conducted...

might as well just get that... it still runs in silent mode through athlon XP 2200+ I believe and seeing as I have a 1900+ :D

Swiftech MCX462+

it's a heavy one, but that doesn't really make a difference when it screws into the motherboard opposed to clipping on. as long as you have those mounting holes in your board, consider the swiftech. friend got it recently and his cpu temps dropped about 10°... he had a coolermaster hhc-001, which is a decent heatsink it it's own right.

slk-900u is supposed to be good too, but i haven't been able to play with one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back