Best Headphones For Music

pokerblogger

OSNN Addict
I'm getting sick of my cheap headphones . . . any suggestions for some great ones to listen to while working? They need to be closed so as not to bother my co-workers in the neighboring cubes :)

I've been using the Sennheiser PX100s for about a year now. They are relatively cheap compared to some of the more higher end headphones, but they sound great.

You should really look at the PX200s, which are the closed versions of the PX100s.

for on the go music listening I use some of the sony earbud ones which fit in your ear. You can also get little earplug like ones with all the normal foam stuff you would get with earplugs but with a tiny speaker in them. Blocks out a very good amount of background noise and so on.

for on the go music listening I use some of the sony earbud ones which fit in your ear. You can also get little earplug like ones with all the normal foam stuff you would get with earplugs but with a tiny speaker in them. Blocks out a very good amount of background noise and so on.
I need something a little more geared toward long term use . . . already have the cheap kind. Actually the "cheap" ones I'm using now are the sony MDR-V150 with a 30mm driver.

I'm looking for good, deep bass as well as clear sharp higher pitched tones. Are there headphones with multiple speakers in each ear?

A lot of the in-ear headphones (as geffy suggested) are extremely high in quality, for relatively little price (usally USD $30-60). The $500-600 dollar ones will sound better, but not 1,000% better. Look for the words "noise isolating". They block more outside noise than low-end noise canceling headphones and don't need an external power source.

I think that apple's in ear headphones are nice, I bought a couple of them when I bought my iPod... They have excelent bass, and have pretty good midtones and highs - also reasonably cheap price tag.

Bose audio equipment is all marketting and no substance :)

For "at home" I'd recommend Sennheiser HD280 or higher models

For travelling I'd take a look at sennheisers pxc range.

Well I bought mine from the Bose store in Edmonton Alberta while I was on my road trip. I tried em on and fell in love, so I bought em. Haven't regretted it since.

They are so comfortable, they cover your entire ear rather then sitting on top. Not to mention the sound quality it awesome. I would've preferred the noise cancelling ones but they were too much.

you dont need noise cancelling, you need closed circum, aurak from sennheiser :D, turn on the sound and the world goes away :)

Those Bose ones seem cool. If I see a bose store on our trip I will probably stop in and check them out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back