best graphics cards

B

banter

my spec:

Athlon xp 1500
512mb DDR pc2100
Jetway G04-JET-05 867AS

i have about £100 to spend. What graphics card would you recommend? I would use it mostly for gaming.

thanks

Hmm , prices are different here but on that price I can get
1. Geforce FX 5200 Ultra ( MSI - Leadtek )
2. Radeon 9500 ( almost :) )

Hmm... not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but it's a GeForce FX 5200. Same one i have, made by Asus, i found it for like $100 at a local computer show. not sure about currency conversions. But if it actually is in your price range, you may be able to find the same thing cheaper. Not quite the 5200 Ultra, but still has 128 MD DDR memory and it's own little overclocking software bundled with it. Can even overclock itself to give you a tad bit better graphics when they are needed. i love it. If you wanna see exactly what it is like, check HERE

I have found "GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR AGP RP DVI VO" for £70.

I think its quite good but it has 8X AGP and my motherboard only has 4X AGP.

I have also found "3D Blaster 4 Ti4200 64MB DDR AGP RP VO" for £80. This one is 4x.

Which one do you think is better ??

Originally posted by banter
I have found "GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR AGP RP DVI VO" for £70.

I think its quite good but it has 8X AGP and my motherboard only has 4X AGP.

I have also found "3D Blaster 4 Ti4200 64MB DDR AGP RP VO" for £80. This one is 4x.

Which one do you think is better ??
ti4200 is tons better than the fx5200.

i havent tested either, but doesnt the 64 MB additional RAM make a difference ?

I have decided on the "3D Blaster 4 Ti4200 64MB DDR AGP RP VO".

Thanks for your help

hi. i think you should go with the g-force 4 ti 4200. do not buy pny brand. my friend 2 of my friends had problems with the pny and so did I. I recomend Asus or Albatron..thouse r good brands

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back