Best Gaming Mousepad

wolvfj

White Wolf
I have a Logitech MX500 Mouse and a Ratpadz GS, I don't really like the mousepad, I think it's overhyped. What's the best mousepad for gaming with an optical mouse? I want one no more then $25. I was thinking about getting a "fUnc sUrface 1030 Black Base Mousepad" but some of the reviews are 2 years old. I don't know if they updated it since then but at newegg.com it get's a 5 out of 5 from the reader reviews. Thanks

A ratpadz is the best. The func serfaces wear out to fast. But for your price range a ratpadz is your best

AudioSlayer said:
A ratpadz is the best. The func serfaces wear out to fast. But for your price range a ratpadz is your best
I have a Ratpadz right now but they gave it a overall 4 out of 5 at newegg and there's a lot of people giving it 1. It feels kind of rough when I game and if I use windex to smooth it, it gets a little too slippery. I'll wait for a few more replies to see if it's really worth getting a new pad.

I meant to put this in the other hardware thread but it ended up here for some reason. Anyway to move it?

I have a funcsurface, and I recommend that you buy two or three ratpadz for the same price. The funcsurface is definitely better (I'm have both), but not enough to warrant the cost. The Ratpadz also wear out a little quicker from my experience. Buy some mouse skates, too. Slicker is better--you just have to get used to it.

Also, a lighter mouse will make your hand more agile. There is a weight in the MX500 that can be removed.

As long as you're careful, and have the mouse disconnected from the pc at the time, its quite safe to open up the mouse. Looking at the mouses bottom you should see some imprinted crosses on the labels. There'll be one in the middle of the bottom label, and either one cross to the right of the top label, or one either side of where the cable enters the mouse, depending on the revision of the mouse. These crosses are indicators of the screws holding the mouse together. With these screws out the top half of the mouse should seperate quite easily. You should then be able to see the large metal weight screwed into the top half of the mouse, held in with a single screw. Remove the weight, and carefully screw the two halves of the mouse together. Take the time to make sure all of the screws are in evenly, to avoid any 'rocking' of the mouse on the mousepad. You should then have a perfectly working, slightly lighter MX500.

um, isnt the whole point of an optical mouse to get rid of the mousepad? i find that my wooden table is better than anything else

The most interesting one I have heard of was the bottom cut out of a cheap teflon coated fying pan. I looked for a good pan for this and the cheaper ones were smoother (no texture to make them more durable) and thinner, but too small - but if you find the right one and are willing to do a bit of work... (I'd give you a link to the site but I forget where I saw it)

i also have a funcsurface....but do a bit diggin...

if u go to the everglide.co.uk site u will see them for around £35 complete with metal tin it arrieves in...pretty neat eh..

h**p://www.everglide.co.uk/shop.php?show_group=10

but if you are like me and dont want to spend that sort o money...

get the same surface delivered for around £14

h**p://www.alienware.co.uk/gearshop_pages/gear_shop.aspx

worth checking out....took mine 5 days from order to arrive...and it rox with my microshaft intelli mouse

What has mouse pads got to do with software applications??
Also, what differences does it make if you have one of the pads mentioned in this thread to the average pads you find in computer stores?

Not sure if I want to remove the weight in my mouse but I'll think about it if I don't get a new pad.
I went to www.alienware.com and I see the mouse pad that nivlo was talking about. Is that the same pad except for the alienware logo? I don't need the carrying tin, I like the Alienware logo in the middle better and it cost $9 less! Thanks dudes.
Mods you can move this to the right forum.

ming said:
Also, what differences does it make if you have one of the pads mentioned in this thread to the average pads you find in computer stores?
The gaming pads surface makes it better for playing first person shooters, so you can aim better and faster.

Nevermind the alienware pad, it cost $10 shipping and it comes to $25, newegg.com has it for $24 with free shipping .

ming said:
The gaming pads surface makes it better for playing first person shooters, so you can aim better and faster.

I have a fUNC surface and I love it. I've had it less than a week. I spent 24 dollars on newegg for it. I just hope it lasts a while ... or else I'll just go back to a regular cheap cloth mousepad. I was going to get a Ratzpad but I read the reviews and although most people had a good overall experience with it, some people thought it was all just hype, so I ended up getting a fUNC surface.

hey wolvfj,
i was just browing the net and just came across this new review for mousepads so if you want you could give that a read over :)
Clicky
NiSMo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back