Best FTP Program (Vista)

N

Not Bman

Does not have to be free, but would be nice.

CuteFTP crashes all the time, or even gives errors on exit. WSFTP is not compatible at all with Vista. FireFTP I believe was the other I tried, didn't like anything about it.

Any ideas?

Whoops, not FireFTP, Filezilla is the one I tried and didn't really like the layout of the whole thing. Might give it a go anyways, it might of just been the connection problems I had to the server (having the same issues with other FTP programs).

Can Filezilla limit to one connection only

Can Filezilla limit to one connection only

Admittedly, I don't know much about it. I've just used it over the last several months with no problems, really.

Just quickly looked through settings, yes it can.

Thanks, it's working and is quite easy.

Just in case this is a concern to you, as of version 3 Filezilla no longer encrypts your passwords. If you look in the sitemanager.xml file you will see your passwords are all in plain text for anyone to take.

I use FlashFTP or the built in FTP of Reget.

The new version of WS_FTP works perfectly with Vista, 32- and 64-bit flavors.

Just in case this is a concern to you, as of version 3 Filezilla no longer encrypts your passwords. If you look in the sitemanager.xml file you will see your passwords are all in plain text for anyone to take.

I use FlashFTP or the built in FTP of Reget.

Not a worry for me. Why would they change that though.

I use FileZilla as well.

I've got it set up for 10 transfers at a time, but it can be set to 1 (well, that's default), if that's what you're looking for.

I quite like WinSCP (opensource). It does SFTP as well and it just works really.

I use fireftp in Firefox and secondly Filezilla

FlashFXP for paid FTP, filezilla for free FTP.

No person with a brain between their ears still uses WS_FTP :)

Can someone explain to me why they don't use Windows Explorer for simple ftp? If i am working on a windows machine and need quick access to a ftp server I just open explorer?

It's too much of a pain and lacks things that would otherwise be available from another program ...

Can someone explain to me why they don't use Windows Explorer for simple ftp? If i am working on a windows machine and need quick access to a ftp server I just open explorer?

Didn't know you could do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back