• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Best FTP Program (Vista)

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Does not have to be free, but would be nice.

CuteFTP crashes all the time, or even gives errors on exit. WSFTP is not compatible at all with Vista. FireFTP I believe was the other I tried, didn't like anything about it.

Any ideas?

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Whoops, not FireFTP, Filezilla is the one I tried and didn't really like the layout of the whole thing. Might give it a go anyways, it might of just been the connection problems I had to the server (having the same issues with other FTP programs).

Can Filezilla limit to one connection only

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Just in case this is a concern to you, as of version 3 Filezilla no longer encrypts your passwords. If you look in the sitemanager.xml file you will see your passwords are all in plain text for anyone to take.

I use FlashFTP or the built in FTP of Reget.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Just in case this is a concern to you, as of version 3 Filezilla no longer encrypts your passwords. If you look in the sitemanager.xml file you will see your passwords are all in plain text for anyone to take.

I use FlashFTP or the built in FTP of Reget.
Not a worry for me. Why would they change that though.

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
I use FileZilla as well.

I've got it set up for 10 transfers at a time, but it can be set to 1 (well, that's default), if that's what you're looking for.

Can someone explain to me why they don't use Windows Explorer for simple ftp? If i am working on a windows machine and need quick access to a ftp server I just open explorer?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar