Best FREE Screen Savers ...

M

mattg1981

Well .. Dealer started a great post with great FREE programs, but nobody really touched on screen savers at all. Well lets get a post going for a good FREE screen saver. There are alot out there for FREE, but not many are worth keeping, as I have found out many of times.

Here are a few that I have found, a few are nice, but I dont feel I would rate any with 5 stars. In fact, none are on my computer right now. Here is my list:

1. 3D Windows - can be found at the Windows website or most major download sites.
2. LOTR - I found this one at www.lordoftheringsmovie.com it was pretty descent but got old quickly
2. The Matrix - Found at www.whatisthematrix.com they have one for the first and second matrix movie. The first one was amazing, but now it is outdated. I dont care for the second one too much.

That is my list, I will try to update when I find some more good ones. Any of you guys have any good ones?

Edit Reason: Just fixing up the links

Drempels. A little trick is required for XP/2000 to make
the screen saver run, but it's pretty cool.

You've got to try this screensaver to believe it. I must warn you though, it will own ur computer if u dont have a good cpu/video card.

skyrocket

ElectriCalm3D and SeaStorm3D can be viewed for free though a banner pops up unless you register.Still,they are very nice even if you don't register and they are configurable.You can get them at:

http://www.digimindsoft.com :)

used to have this really cool screensaver... some woman would come on... do some dances on meh screen.. go alittle further maybe... but by that time the mouse seemed to have always had moved and it would stop.. was a real tease :( :p

MdSalih

Can't understand why the syrocket srnsvr won't install.At install it tells me that it can't find the OpenAL32.dll.

Thing is ,this file is right next to the install.exe file in the unzipped folder.

I have deleted and re-downloaded twice.Still no go.Any ideas?:)

Originally posted by kitct
Can't understand why the syrocket srnsvr won't install.At install it tells me that it can't find the OpenAL32.dll.

Thing is ,this file is right next to the install.exe file in the unzipped folder.

I have deleted and re-downloaded twice.Still no go.Any ideas?:)
You have to manually put the OpenAL32.dll file into C:\Windows. :)

Thanks HD,
Nothing like the obvious to throw me off the trail!That thing is great w/the configurations you can do.Thanks,again:)

Without question, Skyrocket is the coolest screensaver I have ever seen.

Don't crank skyrocket up too much. It's a blast when running at what your system can handle. :D

ill get screen savers as long as i can turn them off with a hotkey :p

atm they are just plain annoying with watching movies/family guy

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Don't crank skyrocket up too much. It's a blast when running at what your system can handle. :D

they gave me a dual 2.4 xeon with 2 gigs of ram at work so i crank that baby up and try to bring my computer to its knees :D I think the limiting factor is the measly 32mb ati 7000 in it :mad:

ah well. glad you guys liked skyrocket. Yes I have all the other scr's from his site and they rock =)

I have been using the gizmozone screensaver for some time now.

Its only 100kb in size with the most amazing graphics and sound.

The sound is by a company called IXALANCE™ very small size but big on effects.

I have attached the screensaver for you;)

Alan

bluegrab.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back