Best FPS?

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
Ok guys which has the best FPS Geforce 4 Ti or Radeon 8500? So I can get the best fps possible

Everything I have read says GF4 is king. ATI 8500 does kick butt and can be found for cheap.

Lowest GF4 Ti 4400 is 224.00. Thats twice as much loot. Owning current state of the art video card like a GF4 4400 will get you the chicks though. Oh yeah, chicks love GF4's.

My Geforce 4 ti 4200 costs like $150
and i o/c'ed it to speeds of ti 4600
i get like 11k in 3dmark 2001

Does it matter if you have SDRAM memory and you have a DDR graphic card? Will it work or do i need a DDR memorys?

It doesn't matter... I have SDRAM and I have a Geforce 2 GTS with 32 Megs DDR...

the sdram will affect your overall system performance, not as much on graphics since your video card has its own dedicated processor and memory

Whatever ram solution the videocard uses, has no bearing on what type of system memory is being used. Get DDR for the videocard as it is very fast. All serious cards use DDR today. SDR is for the "almost as fast as a"crowd.

I get 99 fps and no lag with a Geforce 2...dont waste your money.

price v/s performance is the main thing here... the 8500 LE gives decent performance... the 8500 DV gives the best performance when it comes to ATi cards...

if you want raw performance go for an Nvidia card... can't really go wrong with a ti4200 even though teh 128 is slower overall than the 64 meg version in many tests... oweing mainly to a lower clock speed on the gpu...

for about 150 bucks you can buy a decent card so don;t need to worry...

a lot of new games slated for release AND ati cards (subsequently nvidia too?) are supposed to come down in price big time in the next week or so... so just wait for a bit and check out reviews on the next gen cards and THEN decide...

I am sure you can wait for a little bit if you want to get a good card... the lover end Ati cards coming out should be priced in the ti 4200 range...

this is no "best" video card out there. each card, whether it be ati or nvidia, excells at something difference. it all depends upon what you are looking for in the card.

From what I've seen the Geforce3 Tis are better than the 8500LEs and has the same features of a 4series for less money...

My GF3 gets 169FPS in UT running OpenGL...

And yes,,, DDR make a difference,,, Correct me if I'm wrong: The textures are stored in the cards memory,,, having more memory bandwidth increases the cards performance...

Misery why do you run on OpenGL?! I run it opengl opn UT and its all bright! So i used Direct3D support :D

Oh yea Misery how do you check fps in single player on UT?

Mine is a little darker in OpenGL,,, I guess it's different on each system... I always play on my server ,,, even when no ones on,,, but on the "main page" under tools select TimeDemo Statistics... That will put the Current and Last FPS on the right of the screen...

I have an 8500LE and love it. UT is kinda quirky, though. If I play it in D3D, it loads kinda slow, but plays sweet. If I run in OGL, it's DARK dark, but plays even sweeter. I chose lately to run in D3D because the maps I like to play are kinda dark and OGL is just too dark for me on those maps. I chose the 8500LE 128mb DDR mainly cause I also like to run DVDs on my system. ATI has always been KING of video playback. I like the GF series and always have, I just lately chose to upgrade from a GF2 MX 400 to the Radeon 8500LEd. To each their own. Like it was mentioned earlier, both chipsets have areas where they shine.........

Next gen Graphics Card are on the way.. Why not hold on a for a while just like me for it to come out and we can get a GF4 Ti 4400 or 4600 at a more lower price...

=========================================
GF2MX 400: phew... i tawt my master is dumping me...

GF4 Ti 4600: It's a matter of time anyway.. sigh :(
=========================================

get the geforce 4, even a GF4ti4200 gets higher frames then the radeon 8500 128mb. no joke. and you can get a gf4ti4200 128mb for 166 after shipping. If i were you id get the ti4600, id NEVER buy an ati video card, they suck, and there driver support is so bad that game makers have to make patches for their games specifically for people using ATI cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back