Best FPS of 2004

Best FPS of 2004? (was alphabetical originally!)

• Call of Duty: United Offensive Addon

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Counter-strike: Condition Zero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deus Ex 2

• Doom III

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • FarCry

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Half-life 2

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • Halo 2

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Painkiller: Battle out of Hell

• Raven Shield: Athena Sword

• Unreal Tournament 2004

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Battlefield Vietnam

• Total voters

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
I am writing an article about how 2004 was the year of the first person shooter. Above is a poll of the games I thought of, they just need to be put into an order :)

I know Halo2 isn't a PC Game, but it was the only non-pc fps I could think of (maybe finest hour) - so please pick one and if you have a fav. that I haven't listed above, please don't vote, I will get the game added and then you can vote for it.

I will most likely write up a description of the game as well as my thoughts about it.

Cheers :)

It added the post before the poll was added (vb bug?)

make poll public?, would be intresting :D

Half Life 2, Best game Bar-none!!!

Gravity Gun, best weapon ever created for FPS

Heeter

While I know plenty of people that are into both into CoD:UO and HL2/CSS, I voted for UT2K4 since it was the only game I bought in 2004. It is also the only game I figured that runs decent on my older & slower PC. There is a tonne of mods out for it. I really like Frag-ops & SAS: Into The Lion's Den and I'm waiting for Unreal Fortress: Evolution.

voted for Half-Life 2, but Unreal Tournament 2004 is definitely up there as well

ut2k4 got my vote. doom 3 was great for the thrills but i think it lacked in the long run. hl2 is good, but lack of mods so far.

HL2, Farcry, DoomIII

Medal Of Honor was such a disappointment. I was hoping a patch would come to rescue me from the never-ending loading screens.

I am rather enjoying medal of honor. Got it in november and trying really hard to finish it ;p

the MOH series is great, but i have never played pacific sun so i dont know how it rates. :p

Half Life 2 gets my vote. Doom 3 was, I have to admit, very atmopsheric and scary. However, during christmas my cousin was lucky enough to get the collector's edition HL2 tin-box thing, and we had a go on his laptop. We only had the settings on medium, but wow, we couldn't stop looking at the scenery. It looked just plain amazing :)

UT2004's multiplayer was addictive though. On Lan, it's a great game, gets everyone going :)

HL2:CE :cool:

FPS was nice... though the ending was a bit damp... and the multiplayer (DM and cs: s) rawks :D

Battlefield 1942 was 2002 :)
But yeah, will need to add Battlefield Vietnam :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back