Best for Gaming And Video Editing

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
IN your opinion (osnn), whats better for the above applications AMD or Intel, this is not a flame, just need to know which to buy for a new system, thanks.

I'm under the impressive AMD for gaming but Intel for Video Editing, just what i've read, but i want one to do both.

I was under the same impression as you.

One thing I've noticed, is that the differences in video editing is in seconds. Look at this review: http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2429&p=5

There is like a 12 second difference in the two chips. So what?! Is ten seconds that valuable?

Then if you look at gaming, further on in that article I linked, there is maybe a 10-12 FPS difference. I do alot of gaming, and honeslty, 10 extra FPS for a few hundred more ( the FX over the new 6xx chip), I would have to say the AMD chip is better comparing the prices from pricewatch.com. If I can get 60fps with everything on, then I am more than happy. I don't need 100+ fps, my eyes won't notice it.

If I can save $300, I can put up with the extra 10 seconds for editing, and lose 10 frames per seconds. Just my opinion. There seems to be over all negliable difference, the bottom line for me is price.

Just my opinion.

Edited: mistyped the main point of this post. d'oh!

Last edited:
You're right i'm going with AMD, always have, just thought i might do things different this time round, but i don't think i will.

lancer said:
You're right i'm going with AMD, always have, just thought i might do things different this time round, but i don't think i will.

Not sure who would give Video Editing an extreme priority over gaming and application performance.
You're better off going for Gaming performance and just be patient when encoding/editing videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back