Best fan for Athlon 2400?

Originally posted by Kermit
Not all boards allow for that without some mods ie: wire trick

What part of some mods ie: wire trick dont you understand Krux???

Then I gave an example of a board that needed it and one that dont

all you said was ohyeah youcan do it because I did on mine , so the guy goes out and buys a 2500 and cant use it or has to underclock or has to mess with all kinds of tricks to get a 166fsb on his board .... why not spend as much time looking for the info about his board as you did in getting bent at me :rolleyes:

his board doesn't support 333fbs to begin with he already stated that and the 2500+ comes unlocked you ass GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD theres no need for a wire trick with the 2500+ I knowwhat imtalking about I have a gigabyte VAXP the mobo does NOT bypass the lock on a cpu how do I know? because it was running an 1800+ that could not be over clocked by the multiplier then I bought a 2500+ and wow omg I could all of a sudden then I bought a shuttle XPC with the nforce 2 board and wow wow wouldn't you know hey its unlocked in the board also. My room mate also had a 1900+ in his Vaxp thats right we had the same board and wouldn't you know his was locked to wow wtf is going on here? he bought a 2500+ and suddenly got access to multipliers so please don't tell me wtf I know and don't know specially since you don't even have a 2500+ how would you know?!

Originally posted by Krux
no you can the 2500+ isn't laser locked you don't need to unlock the chip you don't have to do the pin trick or the wire trick you don't have to do any of that, in fact the 2500 that I bought, when I put it in it defaulted to the settings of my 1800+ I had to go up everything in the bios.

This is inresponsible at best telling a guy to go out and spend money without having read his post and seeing what board he has and worse what revision because there are I believe 3 , if he would have taken your word as someone who took the time to look and have an educated idea concering his mobo he would have been screwed , because you did not even look at what he posted or assumed you knew what you were talking about , sorry but I was being helpful when I said not all boards can do what you had stated they could do and again I said ie: as in an example the wire trick which you call pin trick , funny I never seen no one bend a pin and place it under the cpu , most people use a thin wire like from a speaker harness, so the only deralict about this whole thread was your uninformed post about doing it because I did on mine sorry to rant but you made more than one mistake you did not even read his post right let alone the one I wrote

peace now dont get all bent outta shape , cause I was right in stopping him with good well based information before he ended up in a heap :)

7VRXP

sorry wrong again and its not the cpu we are talking about its his mobo his mobo and we dont know which revision dont support the 166 so why even bother saying go ahead and spend the money when he cant use that cpu? and No need to call names young man it only shows your ignorant on top off not being helpful to him in the proper way

you have got to be the dumbest person ever you don't have to have a board thats supports 333fsb to run a 333fsb chip good lord granted he wouldn't get the benifits of the 333fsb but he can still have a 2500+ in that board at 2500+ what is so hard about uping the multiplier?

Hi,
Did the wire trick and my machine is running rock steady, see my signature below

K7N2G-L Bios 3.5
Athlon XP 2500+Barton @2220MHz (185X12)
Vantec Aeroflow + 6 Stealth Case Fans
2x 512MB 2700 Mushkin LVL2 Black slot 1 & 3
ATI Radeon 9700 128MB
SB Audigy Platinum - Logitech Z640's
Maxtor ATA133 40GB, Maxtor ATA133 60GB
Antec TrueBlue 480W
XP Pro SR1

And again name calling how old are you Krux ? Show some respect self respect no need to call names , I never said he should do any thing I said he needs to be well informed about his mobo and if the barton 2500 dont need any tricks why does my buddy who's sig you see above have a wire ?? on a Nforce2 mobo? Its because its not all mobo's that do what you said no matter what cpu you use ... so please refrain from acting like you are above me , what revision of board does he have krux? and if you were right about the bartons I guess that guys sig is wrong and he must have been drunk when he thought he put the wire in ??

I bow to your 1337 computer skillz and my irresponsible posts

Dude no need to bow to me , I dont feel I am above anybody and all I wanted was to help him make a good choice, hey he might be able to use the barton at a different clock but we dont know which board he has there are 3 , I think he would be better of doing what taurus said and finding the baby 2600+ not the 166 fsb , hard to find but at least we know he would not get into a jam , no hard feelings and I did not mean to get you off your chair :)

I am 39 years old btw , and my oldest boy is 16 , I got a little girl 13 and another little guy 10 , I am a single Dad to boot, so peace :cool:

Hey Frog boy, I got a Gigabyte GA7NNXP Nforce2 and I didn't have to do any "wire" trick to get my 2500+ overclocked. So I don't know where your comming from.

Excuse me? Where did I say I needed a wire on this mobo ??

I think you need to go back to school and learn to read , I said the wire was used on a K7N2G-L and it has to be done with the barton 2500+ as well , My 2700+ needed the wire on the MSI Nforce board , I said I did not need a wire on this board and that it booted in 11, 11.5, 12 and so on so please refrain from making yourself look as foolish as you did it that post

Peace guys :) Thanks for all the feedback and info. If newegg carried the 2600 with a lower fsb I'd be all over it, but alas... unless somebody with my mobo has actually tried a barton 2500 and can vouch for it, I'll probably play it safe with a 2400.. I just dont feel comfortable messing around with cpu voltages and multipliers...

Concerning the fan, I've been eyeing the glacial tech silent breeze...looks promising..

I'd try the Zalman fan...its looks cool and I've heard it works well...Sazar knows more about it than I.

I have that giga 7vrxp board and it is not overclock friendly above XP2200. I have a Tbred XP2000, tried the wire trick to unlock the multiplier to the high range and no luck.

Also the board does not support Barton without one hell of a lot of work and risk. Gigabyte has said they will not do anything to fix the bios to run 333 fsb. It needs a hardware mod.

I have some laser cut/trace burning open tricks i could try to overclock the 2000 but it's getting to be a hassle.

As far as I can tell above XP2200 this card only works by auto detecting the defined multiplier for the chip. That's why my next MB will NOT be a gigabyte. They threw too many customers from last year into the crapper with an inadequate upward migration path.

thanks for the link Krux!

You guys think its worth it to pay a few bucks more (6) for the retail version over the oem even if you're gonna get a fan?

Originally posted by Leedogg
thanks for the link Krux!

You guys think its worth it to pay a few bucks more (6) for the retail version over the oem even if you're gonna get a fan?
yeah, i'd get retail. it comes with a 3-year (i think) warranty as well. plus you never know when you'll be able to use the stock heatsink for something else. (video card? :p)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back