Best email program?

joyojoy

Not all there...
I had to reinstall my entire system (Vista 64bit) a few weeks ago, and among the many little problems I've been having is that Outlook 2003 will not let me use my contacts for multiple-addressed emails. I can vewi my contact list, but if I click on TO or CC when I got to address an email, I get this message:

"The address list could not be displayed. The Contact folder associated with this address list could not be opened: it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions..."

I'm so sick of putzing with it. I noticed in another thread that a lot of you use Windows Live Mail. So I was just wondering which email program y'all think is "da bomb"....

Thunderbird is all you need

i have been having issues with thunderbird making multiple copies of the same email in the inbox and junk folder, so i went back to outlook 2007

re: Best email program

i have been having issues with thunderbird making multiple copies of the same email in the inbox and junk folder, so i went back to outlook 2007

That's another one of the problems I have with Outlook 2003 as well. I have two different accounts from one server (both have the exact same settings), and one of them gets 3 copies of every email sent to it.

Thunderbird is all you need
I'll look into TBird... If nothing else, it has an awesome logo... :cool:

BTW... One of the features I'm looking for is good formatting options -- one of the few decent features of Outlook. For example, I asked my brother (my other personal computer guru) about Windows Live and he said it's just basically just a revamped version of Outlook Express: Email formatting such as signatures is clunky and it doesn't integrate well with anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think you can download templates for windows mail from Microsoft, but not too sure how good they are

I'm still using the final Qualcomm version of Eudora Pro (v7.1.0.9) before it was abandoned in October of 2006 and became the Penelope Project (https://wiki.mozilla.org/penelope). Penelope is an extension to Thunderbird and the goal is to essentially offer the features and looks of Eudora while using Thunderbird as the foundation. The development is slow. :(

I've actively looked for a replacement for Eudora Pro but I just haven't been able to find any client that I feel is enough to finally leave Eudora behind. That said, Eudora Pro v7 & Penelope (Eudora v8) do work perfectly under Vista 64-bit. I just wish I could find something similar but supported.

It's dead, yes, but I still consider Eudora to be the best email client. I guess I'm stuck in the past.

I use windows live mail and outlook ..

Another vote for Tbird - I find it especially effective if you have multiple email accounts or use anything like freecycle where filtering and control are a must have. And the duplicate emails issue is, I believe, something that could afflict any email program and not specific to Tbird.

I got tired of backing up, migrating, restoring from a local client, so I've been using Gmail exclusively. If you still want a client, Thunderbird with IMAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back