Best eBay Sniper Program?

Kush

High On Life!
i just noticed that these programs, have any of you used this type of software? and if so which did you find to be the best? because they all claim to be the best

If I am not mistaken it will bid at the last possible second so not to drive up the price by putting a maximum bid and leaving it.

Knowing that many of these type of program are legit, you have to becareful about a many out there. They contain adware and spyware and are very shady.

i did some reasearch for you mafia, and from what i found out is that "SnipeRight" & "Auction Sentry" are safe legit programs. reviewed by major PC publications.

though the reviews were from a few years ago, public reviews on sniping software has been cold. since ebay changes their coding on a regular basis to counter sniper type software. In IMHO, I would just do it the old fashion way.

http://www.sniperight.com/
http://www.auction-sentry.com/

Reviews:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1438009,00.asp

i remember back in the day a friend of my used something like esnipe, it was website based which was pretty cool and he wouldn't worry about it until the auction was over. I don't think he paid anything to the website people unless he actually won and it wasn't too much either. I wouldn't trust an actual program for it so check web based one first.

I am probably one of the most eBay savy people on the forum, *brag*, and I use www.auctionstealer.com

Works great, is free for up to 3 auctions at a time, and I have never had a problem with it!

Auction Sentry is the best IMO. Have used it for years and saved loads. It works best if you're bidding for stuff in another country/when a bid is due to finish when you're away from your PC (holiday/work/school etc.)

Do not use SnipeRight !!!!!!
I paid my £20.00, 18 mths ago yet I've only been able to use it for about the first 6 mths. Admittedly I don't bid too often. But I finally was totally unable to login to SR and it rejected my confirmed ebay password continuosly, even after I eventually got on to their support pages and refreshed my account using the key code they sent me.
But now even those pages are gone, and now even typing sniperight.com does NOT go to the original site. Just to a search thingy.

Very disappointed, and now looking for an alternative. ;-)

Hi,

I run an ebay sniper site called Bid Burglar. I'm obviously biased but we've been running for just over 18 months now and have 1000's of users, pretty much all (well, there's always one!) of which have been more than happy with the site. We offer a free 14 day trial, no strings so give it go and let me know how you get on.

www.bidburglar.com

Cheers, Dan

JYM75: This thread is pretty old, but it couldn't hurt to get more info. But please explain why you say you use snippys but also link to bidburgler

I use an eBay sniper called GavelThief (www.gavelthief.com).

I'm a big eBay buyer (in a typical week I probably bid on 25-50 auctions), so needless to say I've used just about every sniper there is.

I typically set my lead time at 3 or 4 seconds and honestly it's never missed the mark by more than 2 seconds. If I had to guess I'd say it's right on the mark about 85% of the time. I've never had it miss a snipe.

For me, customer service is very important. This website has a Live Chat feature. When I first joined, this was extremely helpful. Now I don't really have any questions so I don't have to use the Live Chat very often, but it's nice to know they are there if I need them.
As someone who has used every sniper on the internet, I suggest you try this sniper.

Hope this was helpful.

www.gavelthief.com

Last edited:
I'm using (was using) Auction Sentry, I won't recommend it. The software was bought few month ago by a new company, it's now that terrible that I prefere not using it anymore (I lost few auctions as a result).

Auction Sentry is the best IMO. Have used it for years and saved loads. It works best if you're bidding for stuff in another country/when a bid is due to finish when you're away from your PC (holiday/work/school etc.)

Two possibilities. Either you own Auction Sentry or your message is now quite old. Auction Sentry WAS a good soft, now it's terrible, very slow, impossible to use. I'm in that forum to see what new soft I can use, even if I still have a 6 month licence for AS.

I tried alot of ebay sniping sites and the best one so far is a free one called www.snipegoods.com. In addition to free snipes, the site lists last minute auctions that have low bid price.

As long as everyone is making recommendations, I say to give http://www.hidbid.com or http://www.Bidball.com a try.

i just noticed that these programs, have any of you used this type of software? and if so which did you find to be the best? because they all claim to be the best

As previously mentioned by mooo, I would choose a web-based sniping service rather than sniping software that you load on your computer. Using the desktop software adds a couple more variables into the mix:

• You have to remember to leave your computer on.
  • An interruption in power, even if only temporary, could prevent your bid from being placed.
  • Trouble with your ISP, router, or similar could prevent your bid from being placed.

As far as one service or software being THE BEST, I do not think there is one. It depends on what you're looking for. Obviously, any sniper service or software needs to be secure, and needs to be reliable. Once you get through those things, it comes down to taste.

Some eBay buyers want a very simple interface with just a basic sniping function while others want more advanced options such as group or contingency bidding, a watch list, researching tools, etc.

though the reviews were from a few years ago, public reviews on sniping software has been cold. since ebay changes their coding on a regular basis to counter sniper type software.
That's not true. An eBay rep even commented that "sniping was part of the auction experience" or something to that effect. In the most recent newsletter, it was mentioned that eBay was going actually to start a blog for snipers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back