Best DVDR or RWs to use for burning?

Dublex

A Knight to Remember
Well, I've decided that its time to look at using my DVD burning unit to actually back up some of my stuff thats on the hard drive (due to disk space / protection purposes) so before I rush out any buy any random DVDRs or DVDRWs does anyone know a good make that isn't too costly that I can buy?

Preferably stuff from places like PCW would be good, or a good online supplier maybe.

I like the Fujifilm DVD-Rs... never had any issues with them. :)

Dublex, Verbatim is the best DVD-r you can buy, primarily because their discs are made by Taiyo-Yuden, which is considered the best DVD manufacturer around quality wise. They may be more expensive, but they will most certainly be more compatible and less prone to errors. I have never had an error with these discs and I use a ****load all the time.

My discs of choice are:

Datawrite Titaniums (DVD-R - 4.7Gb) or TuffDisc (DVD-R - 4.7Gb), the later I only really use for very important material because they are alot more expensive. I usually get all mine from svp.co.uk but i suppose if one isnt so lazy they could theoretically go to a retail store :p

Duno bout you guys, but I prefer using Imation. Verbatim is a well-known brand that has been very reliable with CD-R/RWs, not sure what they're like with DVDs.

I'm not necessarily saying that they're poor quality, but I've always known Imation to produce cheaper products. :s

They're more expensive than other brands actually in UK.

I use Verbatim and TDK for DVD +R and el-cheapo Mr DATA blank CD-r's

heh..... funny seeing this thread...... i acutally bought a pack of "cheapo" 8x DVD's from the computer show a few weeks ago..... was like..... 100 for $30 or somethin.... Turns out they're not technically generic, but seems like they're Verbatim DVD's with a layer of paint over them. lol. it's not actually paint... i don't think.

Use disks (don't matter on the make) that use either the Taiyo-Yuden or the Ritex dyes. By far the cheapest place that I have ever found is www.svp.co.uk for buying discs here in the Uk. Hopee this helps :)

ive yoused the most generic DVD-rs and brand name ones. I have never had any issues with either of them. I prefer the generic ones actually, because they are cheaper! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back