Best DVDR or RWs to use for burning?

Dublex

Quazatron R6 droid
Well, I've decided that its time to look at using my DVD burning unit to actually back up some of my stuff thats on the hard drive (due to disk space / protection purposes) so before I rush out any buy any random DVDRs or DVDRWs does anyone know a good make that isn't too costly that I can buy?

Preferably stuff from places like PCW would be good, or a good online supplier maybe.

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
Dublex, Verbatim is the best DVD-r you can buy, primarily because their discs are made by Taiyo-Yuden, which is considered the best DVD manufacturer around quality wise. They may be more expensive, but they will most certainly be more compatible and less prone to errors. I have never had an error with these discs and I use a ****load all the time.

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
My discs of choice are:

Datawrite Titaniums (DVD-R - 4.7Gb) or TuffDisc (DVD-R - 4.7Gb), the later I only really use for very important material because they are alot more expensive. I usually get all mine from svp.co.uk but i suppose if one isnt so lazy they could theoretically go to a retail store :p

ming

OSNN Advanced
Duno bout you guys, but I prefer using Imation. Verbatim is a well-known brand that has been very reliable with CD-R/RWs, not sure what they're like with DVDs.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I'm not necessarily saying that they're poor quality, but I've always known Imation to produce cheaper products. :s

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
heh..... funny seeing this thread...... i acutally bought a pack of "cheapo" 8x DVD's from the computer show a few weeks ago..... was like..... 100 for $30 or somethin.... Turns out they're not technically generic, but seems like they're Verbatim DVD's with a layer of paint over them. lol. it's not actually paint... i don't think.

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Use disks (don't matter on the make) that use either the Taiyo-Yuden or the Ritex dyes. By far the cheapest place that I have ever found is www.svp.co.uk for buying discs here in the Uk. Hopee this helps :)

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
ive yoused the most generic DVD-rs and brand name ones. I have never had any issues with either of them. I prefer the generic ones actually, because they are cheaper! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut